• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone used Eleven Ten color Inks ?

Jack Knight1979

still using Triagle inks in bulk. I do have to do a lot more cleanings, but a full set of ink is about 75% less expensive than a full set of OEM inks.

I don't like the odor or the fact that you have to do more cleanings.

David Snider

11/10 Inks Are Not Hassle Free

We went back to OEM on our JV3. Our distributor (Advantage Sign Supply) took care of us, giving us credit for 22 cartridges.

We had chip problems galore, and on 4 occasions the little tab along the bottom of ink cartridge did not pop out indicating to the machine that the ink had run out, causing air to be sucked into the line and ruining a panel, and thus we had to disassemble anf bleed the line to get up and running again.

IT WAS A BAD, BAD EXPERIENCE. Too bad, because we gave it every opportunity to work for us.

benjercorp

that's why at the beginning they were given the first set for free and then changed to charge only 50% and now forget it they're going down because they don't have a batch to batch consistency.... LOVE TechINK....

premiercolour

Merchant Member
11-10 says they will pick up the repair cost if changed from oem to them. Anyone really got reinbursed? For mutoh 1314 and 1614, third party ink supplier has problem putting correct mutoh cards. If you are buying third party ink and you are using 1314 or 1614, you will have problems.

S

Sign-Man Signs

As a Mutoh reseller that had a lot to gain, for both us (higher margins) and our customers (lower cost of ink!), we were very disappointed that the Eleven Ten inks did not work consistently enough for us to maintain the line. Too many issues with chip and firmware incompatibility was the root problem. Color gamut of the ink was fine but if the cartridge isn't read properly by the ValueJet, it didn't matter. We are sticking with the Mutoh OEM product for now.

Hey as a Mutoh re-seller, maybe you can inform about 2000 people on this site as to where in the hell you can get a Mutoh service rep that doesn't charge two arms, two legs, and a johnson for service?
If you say Cal-Graph I will personally hunt you down and explain why not to use them. Come on, make my day.
:Big Laugh:thread

Stealth Ryder

Hey as a Mutoh re-seller, maybe you can inform about 2000 people on this site as to where in the hell you can get a Mutoh service rep that doesn't charge two arms, two legs, and a johnson for service?
If you say Cal-Graph I will personally hunt you down and explain why not to use them. Come on, make my day.
:Big Laugh:thread

What would you consider a reasonable cost? It takes money to travel cross country and they are in it to earn a living.:cool:

Flame

What would you consider a reasonable cost? It takes money to travel cross country and they are in it to earn a living.:cool:

what about a tech only 20 minutes away, charging $100 in trip fees, and taking his sweet time with a couple of cheeseburgers, at $185 an hour?

Stealth Ryder

I understand your frustration with the tech being so close. In most cases the tech must book a flight with little notice, usually 800-1000 dollars. Hotels cost on average 100 bucks a night, figure 2 nights. Rental Cars, figure nearly 300 dollars for the trip. Tech Pay, 250 dollars a day is an average rate. Meals, usually 35 dollars a day... Add it all up, roughly $2350.00

That is the usual scenario, your case is much different. I do not agree with the 185.00 per hour, I like a daily rate. Everybody takes a lunch break, I believe a lunch break is mandated by law and assume you eat lunch as well.

henryp

I understand your frustration with the tech being so close. In most cases the tech must book a flight with little notice, usually 800-1000 dollars. Hotels cost on average 100 bucks a night, figure 2 nights. Rental Cars, figure nearly 300 dollars for the trip. Tech Pay, 250 dollars a day is an average rate. Meals, usually 35 dollars a day... Add it all up, roughly $2350.00

That is the usual scenario, your case is much different. I do not agree with the 185.00 per hour, I like a daily rate. Everybody takes a lunch break, I believe a lunch break is mandated by law and assume you eat lunch as well.

In Australia, qualified Mutoh engineers charge A$320 for a local call out, this will include the first hour on site, then A$160/hr thereafter in 15 minute increments. For jobs requiring interstate travel, customer also pays for the travel time, airfares, accommodation, meals, parking fees, car rental/taxis, etc... supported by receipts.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Everything and anything cost more in USA. While many other countries out there offers minimum medical deductible for their citizens(approx $10/visit), you pay 100 times more if you are lucky enough.

sfr table hockey

I'm bringing back a bit of an old thread.....

I have just installed the 11/10 inks in my CJ 500 after doing the final change over from waterbased to solvent. As far as smell goes they are not bad at all. Mine are eco sol so if others had issues with strong smell is it possible they changed something in the inks or the bad smelling inks were regular solvent? My CJ is in a very small room and I sit right beside it.

The issues I had thus far is 3 of the 6 carts did not line up propper to get fully loaded into place. The pin seemed to miss the hole and just would not go the last inch in place. I had to cut the bags open and dump the ink into some refill carts and put them in.

I also have noticed that some days on start up I need to do about 3 or 4 cleanings to get the test prints to be perfect. On a couple days it printed the test fine off the bat.

So far color seems to be real good and compared to the waterbased Roland pigmented inks I had in the CJ before the change over, the color is very close to what I printed back then of the same picture. Once profiles are made I'm sure the 11/10 will print even better.

My only question thus far is with OEM eco sol would you need to do several cleanings at start up as well or not?

The chip issue is not an issue on this old beast as the CJ does not need them.... at least I don't think it needs them....

MachServTech

My only question thus far is with OEM eco sol would you need to do several cleanings at start up as well or not?/quote]

Depends on the condition of your dampers/caps. Some people say that they have to clean more with eleventen, but I have not seen this issue with my machine.