• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

anyone using 3M textured wall material? (3M IJ8624)

iSign

There product specifications mention these special application tools, including a roller that can handle heat & a extra hot heat gun... I have a request for quote on installing 3 graphics locally, for a mainland company.. and they will purchase, print & laminate the graphics, but I would need to install it properly. I don't want to buy a new heat gun for this, although I might buy a special roller..

anyone have experience with this?

One of my walls will be "smooth concrete" which I'm not worried about. the other is a more rough concrete block wall.

Letterbox Mike

It takes ALOT of heat, more than a typical heat gun puts out. The rollers won't melt under the high temperature, so they're sort of necessary too. The install kit is alot of dough but it's worth it, you can use the rollers on wraps as well, they're pretty useful. Plus once you have it ,you have it, and people really love wall graphics on this stuff, once they know you can do it.

trik

I would agree the tools are more than likely needed. However we used a normal heat gun and rollepro, but the job was only a temporary, 4 months outside. We also have one indoors that has been up over 6 months and looks great.

Good luck!