• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone using a Jetrix flatbed?

Nicky Zhou

PrintLinks
Does anyone here use a Jetrix flatbed?

If so, how are you finding it?

Pros? Cons, Reliability?

Thanks.

So far, Jetrix has two major print head flatbed printer, KM1024/14pl, and KM1024/6pl, I am not sure which mode you are thinking about.

My experience with Jetrix printer, the KM1024/6pl is better than KM 1024/14pl. The advantage for 6pl is the high quality print out. Low ink cost, about 6ml per sqm with 1440x720dpi. Disadvantage is more maintenance, and the old software is not Efficiency. but they will launch a new version.

PrintItBig

Thanks for the replies.

We're looking at the KX7 with the double heads.

Pricing is similar to an Arizona 460 XT but it prints twice as fast at a similar quality.

Also there is currently a deal available which includes 3 years warranty and the warranty includes heads and lamps. So the only consumable we'd have to buy for 3 years is ink.

We're quite tempted but just concerned about reliability.

If anyone else has one or has an opinion please let me know.

Thanks.

Nicky Zhou

PrintLinks
Thanks for the replies.

We're looking at the KX7 with the double heads.

Pricing is similar to an Arizona 460 XT but it prints twice as fast at a similar quality.

Also there is currently a deal available which includes 3 years warranty and the warranty includes heads and lamps. So the only consumable we'd have to buy for 3 years is ink.

We're quite tempted but just concerned about reliability.

If anyone else has one or has an opinion please let me know.

Thanks.

Well, the reliability for that KX7 is not a problem, we have one KX7, configured with dual rows, CMYK +WW, 12 heads, KM1024SHB, installed in Jun, 2014, that printer prints the PVC board, full size, one month 8000sqm.

We faced a static problems at the beginning, so perhaps you need to install a anti static bar at both side of the UV lamp. Then its fine.
another point is due to the KM1024SHB, it is better you keep the capping system working during night time, Or you will face angle jetting issues.
Does your dealer offer you heads warranty for 3 years, even including the angle jetting?

Nicky

PrintItBig

Hi Nicky, thanks for the reply.

Have the static issues you had now been resolved? Have you had any other issues other than static?

The quote we have includes the anti-static bars and an antistatic gun.

The 3 year warranty on the heads is for mechanical failure and also accidental damage. Not sure about the angle jetting, this technology is new to us. What is the angle jetting?

Do you only use the printer for Foam board or other materials as well?

Do you print any aluminium composite (Dibond), acrylic, Correx? If so do you have any problems with adhesion?

Do you have the roll to roll option? How's that working for you?

Thanks.

Nicky Zhou

PrintLinks
Hi Nicky, thanks for the reply.

Have the static issues you had now been resolved? Have you had any other issues other than static?

The quote we have includes the anti-static bars and an antistatic gun.

The 3 year warranty on the heads is for mechanical failure and also accidental damage. Not sure about the angle jetting, this technology is new to us. What is the angle jetting?

Do you only use the printer for Foam board or other materials as well?

Do you print any aluminium composite (Dibond), acrylic, Correx? If so do you have any problems with adhesion?

Do you have the roll to roll option? How's that working for you?

Thanks.

The static was solved after we took those actions. but we purchase the static equipment in local market, not original from Jetrix.

For the angle jetting, let me explain simple, it means the jetting line is not straight or at right position,you can imagine the print head, print width at 7.2cm, which has 1024 nozzles, each of them has the equal gap, during printing, there are some ink cured at the edge of the nozzles, then it can not jetting straight. That generates lines. I do not know if you get that idea.

That issues also happens on Oce printer, especially for Magenta head, once that happen on Oce, we use Ultrasonic cleaning. Then it is fine.

We do prints on many materials, so far the IUMS ink adhesion is not bad. If you satisfy the color, it is a matt finishing, not glossy one, then the ink is good, and the ink has a good performance on flexibility.

The Jetrix roller option, for me it is a good design, printing on banner, vinyl, flex, no problem and very stable. But do not print PET/PVC film on it.

PrintItBig

The static was solved after we took those actions. but we purchase the static equipment in local market, not original from Jetrix.

For the angle jetting, let me explain simple, it means the jetting line is not straight or at right position,you can imagine the print head, print width at 7.2cm, which has 1024 nozzles, each of them has the equal gap, during printing, there are some ink cured at the edge of the nozzles, then it can not jetting straight. That generates lines. I do not know if you get that idea.

That issues also happens on Oce printer, especially for Magenta head, once that happen on Oce, we use Ultrasonic cleaning. Then it is fine.

We do prints on many materials, so far the IUMS ink adhesion is not bad. If you satisfy the color, it is a matt finishing, not glossy one, then the ink is good, and the ink has a good performance on flexibility.

The Jetrix roller option, for me it is a good design, printing on banner, vinyl, flex, no problem and very stable. But do not print PET/PVC film on it.

Thanks again for the reply Nicky.

So you also run the Arizona? If so, how does the Jetrix compare?

You say you use the Ultrasonic cleaning function on the Oce, is that option not available on the Jetrix?

You mentioned the Jetrix has good adhesion, do you print to Dibond / ACM? Any problems with adhesion to this? Do you need to use an adhesion promoter?

Have you ever routed or cut the panels after their printed? Any problems with ink flaking at the edges?

Thanks.

Nicky Zhou

PrintLinks
Thanks again for the reply Nicky.

So you also run the Arizona? If so, how does the Jetrix compare?

You say you use the Ultrasonic cleaning function on the Oce, is that option not available on the Jetrix?

You mentioned the Jetrix has good adhesion, do you print to Dibond / ACM? Any problems with adhesion to this? Do you need to use an adhesion promoter?

Have you ever routed or cut the panels after their printed? Any problems with ink flaking at the edges?

Thanks.

The biggest advantage for Arizona is its printout color and density,as well as the stability of that printer, we can not say too much disadvantage for that printer, except the high cost of printer, inks, and the print head.

The ultrasonic machine is a seperate machine which can used for cleaning all the print head, the point is some heads very sensitive during the cleaning, need a professional cleaning on that. But oce is easy to clean than jetrix.

I did not print on that, but jetrix has a primer optional, you can try that.

We do cut and there is no problem. Very flexible for IUMS inks.

PrintItBig

Thanks again.

So if you had a choice of the Arizona XT with single heads or Jetrix KX7 with double heads for the same price, with a 1 year warranty on the Arizona and a 3 year warranty on the Jetrix, which would you buy for a first UV printer?

Nicky Zhou

PrintLinks
Thanks again.

So if you had a choice of the Arizona XT with single heads or Jetrix KX7 with double heads for the same price, with a 1 year warranty on the Arizona and a 3 year warranty on the Jetrix, which would you buy for a first UV printer?

Which model of Arizona you are talking about?

And to make a choice, it really depends on what your major business, or print substrates.

For the first UV printer, I would like to choose a affordable printer, depends on how much you can pay, and how long you are planing to get back the investment. But the price is not the most important point, the most important one is the quality and performance of that printer which can really helps your business, and make you an advantage among your competitors.

If I were you, first prepare as many materials as I can think about, pay a visit to both of them, spend a time with that printer, if you can, look into all the print modes and record the speed. Compare the printers.

For sure the 3 years warranty is very attractive, since you are never afraid about any parts broken down, and you need to pay a big money for that. So far, the Arizona spare parts are really expensive, we have been spend a big money for its print head, UV lamp, shutter, steel belt, motors, pumps. Even we found some parts locally, still not easy.

PrintItBig

Which model of Arizona you are talking about?

And to make a choice, it really depends on what your major business, or print substrates.

For the first UV printer, I would like to choose a affordable printer, depends on how much you can pay, and how long you are planing to get back the investment. But the price is not the most important point, the most important one is the quality and performance of that printer which can really helps your business, and make you an advantage among your competitors.

If I were you, first prepare as many materials as I can think about, pay a visit to both of them, spend a time with that printer, if you can, look into all the print modes and record the speed. Compare the printers.

For sure the 3 years warranty is very attractive, since you are never afraid about any parts broken down, and you need to pay a big money for that. So far, the Arizona spare parts are really expensive, we have been spend a big money for its print head, UV lamp, shutter, steel belt, motors, pumps. Even we found some parts locally, still not easy.

It's the 460XT we're looking at.

Really we're looking at 3 printers in that price bracket...

Arizona 460XT
Jetrix KX7
SwissQ Oryx

The Arizona seems to be able to print at about 14sqm/h with virtually no banding. The SwissQ can do the same but at about 18sqm/h. The Jetrix can do this at about 30-40 sqm/h as it has the double heads.

I would say the SwissQ has the best image quality followed by the Arizona followed by the Jetrix but the quality differences are fairly minimal. The SwissQ also has the best ink adhesion.

We're just being swayed a bit by the really long warranty on the Jetrix.

We were also looking at the HP FB750 as we're more comfortable at that price point (could almost buy 2 for the price of the SwissQ) but we were disappointed by the image quality. To get nice solid saturated colours it seemed that we would need to run it in photo mode (10 sqm/h) or even photo plus (5 sqm/h). Then if we needed fine text detail you need to use the fine text option which halves those speeds. Disappointed with that as we really like the other aspects of that machine.