• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

anyone using a pen tablet?

GK

best investments I have made. Just picked up the Cintiq 21UX back in January for one of the Macs and I haven't looked back since. I have a 6x11 Intuos3 that I take on the road with my laptop and a 12x19 Intuos3 on the computer I use for 3D work. I can't give enough praise for the tablets. Been using them for about 4 years now. The first month was a steep learning curve in order to have a good steady workflow. You really need to just unplug the mouse and tell yourself that you have to use the pen for everything so you can get used to the feel of it and learn all the shortcuts. Not to mention its more ergonomically correct than a traditional mouse so the strain on your wrists after long hours of working on a computer is reduced.

fozzyber

I have genius 8x6 I picked up from Newegg.com, was like $85.
The wacom are nice but $$$. Like the others said I don't use it all the time but there are thoose times it comes in really handy.
A few tips,:
if you can afford a Wacom get the wacom, but it will be 2x the price of an off brand.

#1 tip if you get one, and use it in photoshop LEARN YOUR KEYBOARD SHORT CUTS!
learning your short cuts will save you laots of time.