• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone Using Avery MPI 1405 with the DOL 6460 Lam?

People of earth.....I'm concidering giving it a try on an upcomming FULL wrap of a Kia Forte.

I find the Envisions lam to be a bit thick and not a flexible as say 3m 8518, but i want the longer lasting option . Hence the Avery is 1.5ml polyurethane lam.

Any real world info would be great fellas....

Thanks

Christian @ 2CT Media

We have used it on Vehicles but the adhesive initial tack and cured hold strength is higher than 1105 or 180. We use it for walls mainly.

For a Kia Forte we would use 1105 with 1060z

We have used it on Vehicles but the adhesive initial tack and cured hold strength is higher than 1105 or 180. We use it for walls mainly.

For a Kia Forte we would use 1105 with 1060z
So on hoods and roofs out in Arizona what have you found to be the longest lasting lamination ?

For vehicles we use 1105 with 6460 laminate - that combo gives the longest warranty.

Do you find the 6460 stretches into deep recesses well.....? Like on Sprinter vans and Bumper fog light areas? Also are you giving a warranty on hood and roof printed wraps?

Bly

Do you find the 6460 stretches into deep recesses well.....? Like on Sprinter vans and Bumper fog light areas? Also are you giving a warranty on hood and roof printed wraps?

Yes it stays in recesses well.
For warranty we give people 3 years.
We are Zone 2 here so 1105/6460 warranty is 6 yr vertical and 3 yr horizontal.
I tell people it should last longer on vertical surfaces but you might notice ink fading after 3 yrs.