• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone using HP latex printers for wraps?

speedmedia

Was just curious if any wrap shops are using these latex printers and how it has been going and what types of materials you have been using? I am very interested in one!

Pros, Cons?

Thanks,
Kurt

Typestries

Kurt- 180cV3 prints and installs incredibly well via the latex. Stretches just like a true solvent printer. Just get one. You wont miss the solvent one bit.

FWIW we are printing 8 pass for most and there is zero banding. Solids without any patterns look amazing. 6 pass works well enough, too. It's a solid setup.

speedmedia

Good to hear. How is maintenance? How about repairs, head replacement etc?

Have you printed anything on banner materials?

Kurt

Aklaim

There is no maintenance. The machine cleans itself. Heads are cheap and just swap in and out. Cheap banner doesn't print well only because it cant take the heat. Ultraflex prints great.

BLC411

What experience have you guys had as far as colors holding up outside on these vehicle wraps and banners? I saw the machine at SGIA in '09 and thought it had amazing potential, but the only thing holding me back was the longevity of the inks. What have you guys found out?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
What experience have you guys had as far as colors holding up outside on these vehicle wraps and banners? I saw the machine at SGIA in '09 and thought it had amazing potential, but the only thing holding me back was the longevity of the inks. What have you guys found out?

Same as solvent, durability is no issue with Latex.

speedmedia

Cool! Good info. Got an email from Resource Imaging that the 60" model is $13,500 for the month of August. Thought was a pretty good deal.

Kurt

marcsitkin

We did some van graphics a year ago and recently did a second set for a new van, same company and design. Hard to tell them apart after a year in South Florida.

Letterbox Mike

Cool! Good info. Got an email from Resource Imaging that the 60" model is $13,500 for the month of August. Thought was a pretty good deal.

Kurt

Dude. Run like hell from Resource Imaging. They are your competition. They use their demo equipment and supplies inventory to sell direct to the end user and cut you out. I posted a thread about this a year or so ago, they're bad news. We lost a huge wallpaper job to them, they undercut me by over half. We bid against them and lose constantly. When they pay half what you do for ink and media and don't pay anything for equipment, they can do that. I know about a dozen other people down here in SW OH that will tell you the same thing.

Call me if you want more info, I can go into detail for you, but trust me, they are not a company you want to do business with.

Dude. Run like hell from Resource Imaging. They are your competition. They use their demo equipment and supplies inventory to sell direct to the end user and cut you out. I posted a thread about this a year or so ago, they're bad news. We lost a huge wallpaper job to them, they undercut me by over half. We bid against them and lose constantly. When they pay half what you do for ink and media and don't pay anything for equipment, they can do that. I know about a dozen other people down here in SW OH that will tell you the same thing.

Call me if you want more info, I can go into detail for you, but trust me, they are not a company you want to do business with.

damn.....yeah that sucks if there doing that!!...............run...forest...run!

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
damn.....yeah that sucks if there doing that!!...............run...forest...run!

They have been doing that for a long time, its crap that any sign shop would even consider buying from them! Know how many times people have tried to get me to print for them and everytime I just refer them to one of my clients and everyone wins. I could print cheaper then anyone but once a client finds out your done and you look like a fool cause sign shops talk to each other and getting the word out in this industry is pretty easy.

Stay away from them!!

speedmedia

WOW Mike, thanks for the heads-up on that! I certainly don't want to deal with anyone like that, doesn't do me any good. Too much of that going on now a days. I am going to demo one next week locally.

Thanks,
Kurt

gnemmas

The gripe we have is this printer prints "Blank" spaces, it feel so stupid to watch the printhead traveling back & forth printing nothing, when printing banners that have large amount of blank spaces. Thus slow down the thru-put quite a bit.

We are using Wasatch rip, do you guys using Onyx or Cadera rip, will the printer skip the blank space?

Aklaim

We use Onyx and it will advance the media if there is a blank area. My only gripe with this machine is getting a really good solid deep black. I don't know if its a profile issue or just the way the inks are formulated but a deep black is really hard to achieve with this printer in my experiences.

speedmedia

According to Advantage Sign Supply it is a dealer wide promo. I talked to them today. They are located in GR and I buy most of my materials there so I might be looking to go thru them instead.

Thanks,
Kurt

Case

Grimco is offering the same deal, and they're a more reputable company.

Who cares about Grimco? What a joke...

Advantage Sign Supply is a merchant member here and I'd pay more money to deal with some people with greater knowledge........

Advantage all the way....

Case

HulkSmash

Who cares about Grimco? What a joke...

Advantage Sign Supply is a merchant member here and I'd pay more money to deal with some people with greater knowledge........

Advantage all the way....

Case

Yeah advantage is good too.

The grimco guys in denver know their stuff though, never have a problem with them