• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone using Kapco, If so what profile?

J

john1

I contacted Kapco today because their pricing on their air release vinyl is cheaper than the Oracal stuff. They forwarded me to onyxgfx for the media profile but i'm using Versaworks.

Do i have to pretty much use the generic profile and adjust as needed in VW?

The vinyls a 5 year, 3mil matte white film.

BTW, Anyone know if Kapco makes their vinyls or if they are rebranded General Formulations or something?

Thanks!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
They are re-labeled.

I used their stuff, back in the 80's. I used it because they claimed it was as good as the others on the market at the time, but much less in cost. Wrong-O. Remember, this is long before digital media was even thought of. It was junk in my opinion. Several times, I had 30" punched rolls of white reflective and it would have like 3 splices in it. I complained and they'd send me 6 more feet. What a generous and kind gesture. I dropped them over 20 years ago. Maybe they've changed. I believe Cheryl was my rep. She was a doll.

J

john1

Good info Gino, I would hope in 20 years they shaped up. I guess we will see lol

I wonder what brand it is, I dislike when companies sell re-branded vinyls and want to keep it a secret. It's just good to know what your printing on really.

thmooch

I have been running Kapco Solvent Printable Vinyl and Banner material for Years. I have yet(knock on wood) to have any of the printable material have a seam. But as Gino, have had maybe 2-3 Cut Vinyl rolls have a seam.