• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone using Nazdar Lyson 2000 inks?

niksagkram

Sales guy stopped by here last week, so I talked to my Roland supplier about it. He said that it will void your warranty if you use it. Any head problems, Roland will analyze your head and they can tell if you used an off brand ink. (So he said)

Also, again according to my Roland supplier, there is very little quality control with some of these inexpensive off brand inks, so buyer beware!

Mark

niksagkram

I've never used an off brand ink, so I really only have my suppliers word to go by, but he's a straight up guy, and never talks negativally about competiters products, other than possible consequences of using them.
My XC540 is only a few months old, so I'm not taking a chance on that. If prices don't come down on Roland inks, I may try off brand on my SC540, it's out of warranty now.

Mark :beer:

Roland Tech

It will not only void the warranty, but many of the inks are much "hotter" than the Roland Ink and will wear parts out much quicker. Of all the machines I have serviced over the last 6 years (over 250), percentage-wise problems with the machines with bulk systems FAR outweigh the ones that only use Roland ink.

I understand the cost differential, but as long as you are covered by warranty, don't change.

Illuminated

Nazdar said I would not have to flush my lines at all ...just plug the new cart. in... They also said I would use the same roland profiles , my question is how could you get away with using the same profiles if the ink is "hotter"?
They also claim that the ink smells less than rolands eco solve max.

Roland Tech

Nazdar said I would not have to flush my lines at all ...just plug the new cart. in... They also said I would use the same roland profiles , my question is how could you get away with using the same profiles if the ink is "hotter"?
They also claim that the ink smells less than rolands eco solve max.
Nazdar is full of it and going to tell you anything to make a sale. JMHO.

Good luck.