• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone using Sign Lab?

MobileImpact

Was just wondering if any body is using Signlab as a RIP or as a print to cut solution. We run Omega, Flexi and Onyx, but about 90% is done in Flexi.Especially print to cut stuff. I am in the process of hiring some new people and one of them is Signlab crazy!

I remember trying it on the Mimakis when they first rolled out and color was pretty good.

Any opinions, good, bad or indifferent?

Kevin

onesource

A local guy has it and swears by it, he has a mutah and says the profiles work great with it. I had an old verion 3 or 4 and I didn't like it too much but the new version looks pretty sweet.

signage

I have signlab and use it to run a Gerber EdgeII, I like it. I would suggest to go over to 4edgeTalk and join and ask the question.

Team Oakley

I use SignLab. Have used it for years. Update with each update. Now running Print & Cut 7.1 build 10. I had very good luck with my Versa cam 300. Signlab provided lots of print profiles. The RIP is faster than Versaworks.
Now we just bought a VP-540 and there are very few print profiles for the new printer. The Vp-540 prints much better than the 300. So most of the prints we do now are on the Versaworks. Signlab does a better job of tiling large vehicle wraps. Or I should say user friendly. As with any new software it takes time to learn all the tricks.
Who said you can't teach a old dog new tricks?

d fleming

Been using signlab for well over a decade. Even taught using it at the high school level. Have newest p/c version in two locations. I have used flexi, Onyx, Corel, Illy, Photoshop, etc. over the years and mostly stick with the Adobe products, corel and signlab. Wouldn't use flexi on a bet. As a matter of fact when I bought the newest location we switched them from flexi to signlab and put a new hp in to replace their old mutoh. The design person we have there is loving signlab and can't believe how much easier, faster and better the quality of work is coming out of the shop with signlab. The customer support from cadlink is top notch as well. jmho.

chopper

I use signlab for cutting, printing, ripping works great I like it better than versaworks its easier to use and the profiles that I use work great,
//chopper

3dsignco

Been using it Since 1995 and would never use anything else. We have 3 machines with it on.
The RIP is fantastic especially when/if you design in Photoshop.
A couple issues with it that could be fixed or elimnated.

They include a token Photo editing section. Useless in my opinion except the crop tool. Any shop worth a Salt has Photoshop or at least Photopaint.

Service Sign Co

I just called a couple of companies for pricing on the print cut version. I really don't want to use Flexi for a RIP Heard too many horror stories

d fleming

Been using it Since 1995 and would never use anything else. We have 3 machines with it on.
The RIP is fantastic especially when/if you design in Photoshop.
A couple issues with it that could be fixed or elimnated.

They include a token Photo editing section. Useless in my opinion except the crop tool. Any shop worth a Salt has Photoshop or at least Photopaint.

I agree about the photo editing. Use photoshop for that. The pdf and psd filters are awesome.

d fleming

Just edited profile to include pic of shop pup. Trying to see if it took!

apparently not

There he is! That's my boy.

Last edited:

Service Sign Co

Hey Mobile you can get 40% off Signlab if you are an Omega user. If you don't know this and need a contact send me a pm I may be wrong on the percentages, but it's still 1,000.00 or more less expensive

MobileImpact

Hey Mobile you can get 40% off Signlab if you are an Omega user. If you don't know this and need a contact send me a pm I may be wrong on the percentages, but it's still 1,000.00 or more less expensive
Yeah, they have a competitor trade up thing going. Just not sure if I really need, or want another package here. Everyone here knows the programs we have, just weighing out if a new person is worth the learning curve.

Matt Cuellar

I just loaded a copy yesterday for our Mutoh ValueJet and Graphtec FC-7000 plotter. I started playing with it this morning and so far, I like it alot! Easy to use interface, the profiles I created and played with are pretty accurate, so I can say it seems pretty cool. I've been a Adobe/Wasatch user for 4 years now so trying something new for design and RIP/print was quite a stretch for me. Now that I've got a few hours under my belt, I'm tempted to learn more and try it more often! :smile:

Carl Crabtree

I've been using Signlab since ver.1.something back in the early 90's. It just keeps getting better. We use Signlab's rip for a Mutoh Jr & a Mutoh Valuejet...works great. I heard Version 8 is coming out soon and the rip has some major new features.