• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone using Sign-Tracker??

Lyman Signs

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone out there used Sign-Tracker? I watched the videos and the webinars and am interested but was wondering what users think.

Thanks

JBusch260

We tried it out here for a while. I loved it. I thought it was an excellent way for everybody in the shop to have the schedule right in front of them and to show the progress on each job until completion and archive. I didn't get too into the technical parts involving estimates and materials very deeply, but it seemed very easy to use once you enter all of your information and pricing.

The biggest issue we had with it, was getting everybody in the office on board to use it. A lot of them considered it repetitious because they didn't want to take the time to input the information. That was beyond frustrating to deal with, especially when a job turned into a rush because it wasn't paid attention to. That wasn't Sign Tracker's fault, it was just negligence. If you can get one or two people to streamline everything into there, I think it would help a lot. Worth seeing for yourself anyways.

I do plan on trying that out again and playing with the features. I'd also be interested to see if anybody else found any similar programs to be helpful. Your thoughts?

mgieske

we use it and it beats the pants off our old clipboard chart. being cloud based is nice when on the road w my iPad. I agree that getting your team to keep it updated religiously is key

Lyman Signs

Any tips that you wish someone had told you before you started using it? I think I am convinced to start the free trial next week.

Centro Graphics

Looked into it but not tried as yet, we have been using Estimate for a few years, it does the pricing and job sheets but no scheduling.

The price of Signtracker looks a lot more tempting than Signvox. We could do with streamlining our workflow, especially with a new place coming up.

Note
A lot of people have shouted the Signvox corner, wonder how the two compare? Signvox, if its so good, should do diff plans to suit just like the others do.

Might be worth a shot, how long did it take to get to grips with Signtracker?

tattoo.dan

We tried it here. Works great for just using the job tacking board. Easy to use..However if you want to not have to repeat entering info when invoicing and want to export to quickbooks say, then you have to enter it as an estimate maybe, I can't remember what the exact method was, but we found that to be the biggest problem with the program...finally made the move to singvox today...I will let you know if it is worth the extra $100 a month!

Lyman Signs

I sure don't want to pay another bill that is $130 a month. I looked at Sign Vox but think at this time that is mor that I want to spend for something like that. I have a call in to Sign Tracker to ask a couple questions, after that i am pretty sure I will be signing up.

Thanks for the info.

PrintDSM

I opened a Sign Tracker account about a year ago and did the free trial. I liked the system although it had a lot of info you needed to put in so the estimating would work. I can see how once you learn the system and get a couple quote templates done, it would be a very great tool. I've moved to a different company now and have been looking at SignVOX as well. I don't know anyone that's used it but the demo and videos show what looks like a more robust system than ST. Any VOX users out there that have used both?

Tattoosleeve

Use microsoft Outlook instead

I used the trial version for a couple days and poked around with a couple sample workflows but found that using Microsoft Outlook with Microsoft Exchange substriptions was just as effective, more customizable and cheaper on a montly basis.

We created a custom Task form to include all the fields and dropdown menus that we felt we needed. We shared the task list across all users with full read/write priviledges so every employee with a workstation can modify the task list as the job moves through the workflow.

We also created shared calendars to book in shop and out of shop installs/sales calls. These calendars are also synced to our cell phones so I can book sales calls and installs directly to my salesman/installer's calendar so he can just look at his phone to see what he's got booked and they can book their own things in the same calendar so I know when they are not free. Super handy.

It's also completely customizable to your own needs is and subscription costs for "exchange" run $4/email account. You can buy copies of office 2013 for $100/each from the microsoft store. Some initial investment up front but the long term savings on the subscription costs can be significant. I definetly recommend getting a tech person who is very familiar with Microsoft Outlook and creating custom task forms to help set everything up. It's a fairly specialized usage of the program and we had to figure out a couple funny work arounds but in the end it's made a huge difference in our ability to monitor and assign jobs across our entire staff.

neil_se

SignVox??? 139/ month Main reason Im not signing up for it $139 a month are you kidding me? Somebody tell me how that will make you money.....
If you've only got enough jobs to be able to keep them in your head then it's probably not worthwhile, but if you've got 200 jobs on the go then it would be impossible to do without it. It only works out to be around than 0.1% of our monthly overheads anyway. Even for a small shop it might be 5% of costs, that's nothing for such a vital piece of infrastructure. Our first MIS was Estimate and I think the enterprise version cost us about the same for something with half the features, although they do have different versions to suit smaller shops and that'd be the way I'd start.

GWSigns

Sign Tracker

We use sign tracker here - that is one of my key jobs at the moment - Pilot of the Ship.

I enter all the jobs in, follow them through the system as well as invoicing.

I have been organizing our account (customers duplicated & triplicated along with fractured - company name & individual names - many misspelled - for the same job). This was the result of multiple people entering info.

It has been a hands on learning experience, but those are often the best for locking info to the front of the brain.

I've learned a few tricks in using it that are not disclosed without trial and error.

I thinks it is great and really easy to use. The support staff can sometimes be difficult to get ahold of, but once that is accomplished, they are great.

One aspect I have asked they incorporate is a method to capture all the customer info into a mailing list so we (I) can send out mailings periodically to garner the attention of customers past as well as let them know about new product or promotions.

TXFB.INS

Are there any users who have tried both Sign tracker and SignVox?
If so what software did you go with?

Sign tracker has a much better price point and the ability to select different size packages.

Do either of the programs allow the same user to be logged into multiple devices at the same time?

what is the Forms & file storage capacity for SignVox?

are they cross platform compatible? PC, Apple, Android, on all the different devices (phone, tablet, laptop, etc...)?