• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone using the Arlon 6000 series?

rjssigns

Played around with some 6000XRP and 3020 laminate. Did a partial wrap repair with some of it. Super high initial tack, more aggressive overall, but don't know how that translates into staying put.
I like the way the laminate goes through the laminator and it's gloss level. Looks very nice IMO.

Nice white point, colors look good, but doesn't care for a lot of stretching. Color started to degrade when I was working on a helmet wrap so I had to stop. Maybe a latex would have better results?

Did some flat panels too and they turned out great. That is all I know.:smile:

Richard G

Been using it for sometime now got agrivated with most of the other brands for one reason or another and we us it as well as 4560 gtx Like them both. they print very well and the 6000 xrp does stay put we have not had any issues with that at all unlike some other vinyls. Right now we are using it on 4 vans 4 pickups and 6 utlity trucks all are about 3/4 wraps.

IronHawk

Been using the 6000XRP for a few months now and I love it. Had to do a custom profile for it and it's dead-on as good as the ControlTac for me. We don't do a lot of wraps so it is mostly mounted graphics that I am doing and it prints like a dream.

Only real issue that I have had is that there have been a couple of rolls that have had an unannounced seam in them.

As rjssigns said, it has a high initial tack and is more aggressive. We tried it on a wrap once but the guys had a tougher time with repositioning so we've gone back to the other stuff for wraps.

Anything flat and mounted though, it rocks...

neil_se

We've used the usual equivalents from 3M and Avery but we prefer the Arlon. It does have a high tack so needs some effort in repositioning but it conforms (and stays) in deep recesses better than the competition. The ink limit was much higher than Avery 1005 as well. It needs to be post-heated much higher than others, around 110 celsius from memory.