• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone using the Oki E-64S?

Mega-Tech

Currently we run a HP Latex 360, and it's always been the bane of my existence when it comes to colour consistency. I can print 8 panels of a wrap of a solid colour, and two random panels will be a slightly different shade. And jobs we printed a couple months prior can differ, sometimes a little or alot when re-printed. We've triple checked the artwork, the profiles, changed RIP software (from Flexi to Onyx), and the same issues. We've explored power issues, mechanical issues, print head issues, material issues. Nada has helped. Just not satisfied with the output of this latex and it's ridiculously dull colours.

Anyways, to get back on topic, I'm looking for some people using the Oki E-64S to get their opinions on strengths and weaknesses of the printer. Nobody around here is using one, yet we have a store here that sells them. Comparing it to other printers with the same job, the Oki absolutely looks stunning in comparison.

I'd like to consider getting one, but the fact that I can't get a local reference on any issues it may have, I've come here for insight.

Thanks!

Ahmed Samy Nagada

I had an HP9000s in the past which is technically almost the same as E-64S except for the print heads, it was a great machine.
Recently I had a visit to OKI demo room and saw the E-64S, the output was fast, smooth and almost dries instantly.

davearama

We've got one and had it for about two years. Absolutely fantastic...fast with great colors and color consistency. Just did 22' side of food trailer and went perfect. Has built in tools to adjust for minor head issues of which we've had none. Built in help pdf's and some videos for daily and required/recommended maintenance procedures.

StarSign

I have a M-64 and I love it. We were not planning on purchasing an OKI however after we saw the machine and spoke to the reps we were sold!! The only complaint I have is I can't find a good paper profile.

Mega-Tech

As I mentioned, the Oki has incredible colour. My biggest concern is what you don't see unless you've owned one, it's reliability. Everything has quirks from my experience, it's just finding the ones that least affect your workflow or productivity.

The HP we have is fantastic because we can immediate print and laminate part of a kit when an install goes sideways. But it too has it's own set of quirks that need to be worked around.

StarSign

We had 2 HP's before we added the OKI and being able to print/lam immediately was a major concern. A week after we fired up the OKI that went away, I don't miss our latex at all.

jpescobar

HP Latex printers are like Apple products : Pretending being special and having unique technology but the truth they have so much issues that many users turned them down and got back to eco-solvent. Personnally I ordered an Epson SureColor S40610 and I don't regret having dropped the HP Latex. Don't ask me to judge a product before owning and using it, I did and the Epson is by far better in everything !!

PrintingSol

I just wanna make signs...
I actually have 2 E-64s and 1 M-64s. Can't say anything bad from them. The only thing that sucked for us was that we were running both E-64's off the same computer so we had driver issues. We had to upgrade to Onyx Thrive. But other than that they are absolutely great machines. Colors are real vibrant. A lot better than older Mimaki and Roland that we had.