Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone using TVF DigiPanorama on their latex printer?

Discussion in 'User Product Reviews' started by rm5690, Jun 16, 2020.

1. rm5690

rm5690 Member

Jun 27, 2018
    Virginia, USA
    We've been using Endurafab Front FR for about a year now for a client who makes acoustic panels, but after running into countless quality issues Im spec'ing other fabrics.

I just ran a few prints on a sample roll of TVF's DigiPanorama on our HP 560 using the profile off HP's Media Locator and they look great but the images scuff/mar super easily. The ink actually rubs off onto other fabric or even your finger if you rub it.

At first I thought I just needed to increase the cure time/temp but then I noticed the printed sample that HP sent us as part of a media sample kit also scuffs really easily.

My vendor, of course, hasn't seen this happen before.

Does anyone use this fabric and have you encountered this before?

If it weren't for the fact that this is rated as a Durable Textile I would just walk away and consider this fabric too fragile to deal with.

Tags:
  2. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Merchant Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    Is the application always acoustic? There are some better options you can use for sure, I never had success with either of those brands when I was testing them.

3. flyplainsdrifta

flyplainsdrifta Active Member

Oct 13, 2017
    ct
    Walk away from all fabric on latex unless its canvas and even then some brands are iffier than others. Trust me. Think why they rushed out the stitch line so quickly after the the big latex on fabric push.

4. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Merchant Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    That's not true. I have had lots of success printing tons and tons of durable fabrics in the 300 and 500 series from Berger, Pongs, Senfa, and DuraVibe but most of the crap that doesn't work is just relabeled stuff from China.

5. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    I've got some of the digicompetition form TVF, printed a test piece, noticed it would rub ink off onto itself, but it went through a wash and dry cycle with little color fading and 1/8"-1/4" shrinkage per foot.

6. rm5690

rm5690 Member

Jun 27, 2018
    Virginia, USA
    Yea, it is. They're a company that specializes in custom acoustic outfitting and we're one of their suppliers for custom printed panels but most of what they make uses non-printed textiles.
    For the custom printed panels they're using an extruded frame system that works like a hybrid of an SEG frame and a wrapped canvas.

I tried the DigiCompetition as well and it worked great. Also tested Ultraflex's Ultrapoplin s240 with great results, it's just really pricey.