• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone using USB on 1614, having these problems?

LenXIII

Hello everyone. I have a vj1614 connected via usb. In using flexi and every print is coming out almost double the size! I cannot seem to figure out how to try connecting via network port. Is there any documentation on how to configure it via cat5?

Thanks

MacDaddy

Uhhhhh, That machine was not designed to be operated via USB... Assign a static IP to the NIC in your computer and a subnet mask. Assign a corresponding IP to the printer along with the same subnet mask. Use the same IP you used for the printer in the Production Manager using port 9100.

LenXIII

thanks! What do you mean about it being for real? Did it sound ignorant? I'm just a little new to this.

QuickSignsSA

I have heard some but few able to successfully use the usb connection, ut why would they put it on there f its not made to be used with the machine?

LenXIII

Hello MacDaddy (or anyone) I plugged in the network cable and connected it to network connection 1 on the PC and to the printer. I set ipv4 address to 192.168.0.1 on both the nic card and the printer with a subnet of 255.255.255.0 on both. After ripping something and clicking send in flexi, it just says cannot open port. I have tried everything! Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong?

LenXIII

Alright, I finally got it to work!

I had to change the ip on the nic card to be different than the printer for some reason, then it worked!

One problem I still have however is the rip software. When I Enable drivers it prints things at weird proportions. The last test of a 6"x6" print I did came out 3"x6", 50% squished in the width. I seem to have it working fine when I unclick that button though.

I dont think I really need the enable drivers button, but it would be nice to configure quality settings and such on the rip end of things. Does anyone have any suggestions for that?

I appreciate everyones time and help on this, hopefully I will be cranking out some wraps soon.

MacDaddy

You can't have 2 devices on the same network with the same IP Address, hence "corresponding IP Address".

The USB connection is there for diagnostics and possible future use in some firmware upgrade. I have got it to work on several machines using a particular driver but always find small bugs in the configuration while testing.

Compilla

One problem I still have however is the rip software. When I Enable drivers it prints things at weird proportions. The last test of a 6"x6" print I did came out 3"x6", 50% squished in the width. I seem to have it working fine when I unclick that button though.

Who's your Dealer ?

Have you contact them yet ?

randya

I had to change the ip on the nic card to be different than the printer for some reason, then it worked!

If you dont ENABLE drivers, the RIP will not override the Mode on the Printer front panel.

So if you are RIPPING at 1440 and the Printer is printing at 720 the width will be 50%