• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone who is interested

Smacka

This message was emailed to me from Lexjet in case anyone is looking

Thought you might be interested….

HP L25500 60” Latex Printer

CH956A - $13,500 – Printer w/Free Full Set of Ink

CH956AB1K - $14,100 –Printer w/Free Full Set of Ink & Onyx Postershop (HP Driver Only) X10.

**Shipping/Install/Training all included in above prices. . Customers get an IPAD2 (while supplies last ).

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Yes they are and everyone should be taking advantage of it, its a great machine at a great price.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Ugh! Why is everyone teasing me with these things .. I swear, if I find the space I'm going to get one ... thanks, now I get to sit here and mope that I can't get one due to space limitations :p

briankb

Premium Subscriber
Lexjet did the same thing last year when the new Canon iPF's were released. If you need one looks like a deal but I think we will wait.

signswi

There must be a reason why they want to get rid of them so quickly?

New model on it's way, no secret. HP always sells printers super cheap they're in the ink game, not the printer game. Unlike Mimaki, etc. they have no problem taking a loss on the hardware in order to lock in the ink and media sales (and HP media is quite good...).

Basically the large format printer industry is finally matured and is being taken over by pricing models that have been successful in other market segments.

It means you can compete in this space now for a lot less money so quality and customer service trump your cost to customer, more than ever, as some chump can just jump into your market and undercut everyone without much of a startup cost.

ProColorGraphics

This printer is AWESOME!! I printed over 75 feet of solid colors without any dropout! That would have never happened with my VP-540. I highly recommend it.

I got this email from my Lexjet rep. Wish I could have taken advantage of this deal.

HulkSmash

This message was emailed to me from Lexjet in case anyone is looking

Thought you might be interested….

HP L25500 60” Latex Printer

CH956A - $13,500 – Printer w/Free Full Set of Ink

CH956AB1K - $14,100 –Printer w/Free Full Set of Ink & Onyx Postershop (HP Driver Only) X10.

**Shipping/Install/Training all included in above prices. . Customers get an IPAD2 (while supplies last ).

Didnt HP Discontinue CH956A? Which is why they're so damn cheap now

PromoGuyTy

I don't need more capacity at all...but damn, these are sounding like sweet deals!

My current dilemma:

I have used my EPSON GS6000 over the last year and absolutely love it... no problems at all except one wierd ink dump.

It'll be out of warranty next January or so...

So....do I pay $4k a year to buy extended warranty...

Or say "screw that" and just buy a (new) backup like the HP, so that when the Epson does lay down, I can keep on rollin'?

(Note) I have little desire or ability to work on my own printer any more than I have to....(I'd rather pay 4k/year than have to tinker with it)

signswi

If you'd rather pay than tinker you should pay OR you could sock away a "repair fund" and ditch the warranty.

If you love the GS6000 you should keep using it, the gamut is much better than the L25500 and the drop size is like 3x smaller.

However, the L25500 is so cheap that if you have any sort of sales turnover you can pay for it pretty damn fast. Having one machine that's super high quality and one that's very good quality and spits out dry prints is a good combo.

iSign

how do others (especially current owners) feel about the chance of running out of ink during a print with the Hp Latex machine?

I'm considering one & this possibility was a concern to me. Is it easy enough to see it coming, or are the routinely distracted multi-taskers like me going to botch a lot of prints?

gnemmas

The printer gives you plenty of warning as it shows ink levels of each color. It is good to stock a spare set of inks.

MGraphics

we too are looking at gettin one... they are offering it $17,500.00 CDN is this a good deal.... havent confirmed if it includes the rip software or not.

parrott

New model on it's way, no secret. HP always sells printers super cheap they're in the ink game, not the printer game. Unlike Mimaki, etc. they have no problem taking a loss on the hardware in order to lock in the ink and media sales (and HP media is quite good...).

Basically the large format printer industry is finally matured and is being taken over by pricing models that have been successful in other market segments.

It means you can compete in this space now for a lot less money so quality and customer service trump your cost to customer, more than ever, as some chump can just jump into your market and undercut everyone without much of a startup cost.

This is the problem with this industry. The barriers to enter the market have been lowered each year. I remember when we bought our first two digital printers (Arizona 180s) over 10 years ago and they cost roughly $65k each. Now you can get practically get the same machine for $15k. Who wouldn't want to jump on board and start making money? This is why the market is so flooded. It gives each company a smaller piece of the pie in a not so bright economy. There are very few industries where you can invest less than 20k and be in business.

OldPaint

:goodpost:
couple that which you state with those who jump into this and have no other way to get business then to BE CHEAPER THEN THE GUY DOWN THE STREET!!!
or they sell product CHEAPER just to keep the machinery running.
we "old sign painters" have seen a decline in "sign appreciation" from the public and those who ARE NEW TO THE BUSINESS.
i have done almost no banners anymore as the printers in this area seem to use banners as a lost leader item. as least it seems that way to me. i cant make a banner and sell it at $2-3 sq ft. but these newbie printers think they can. in turn it does nothing but deminish the profit margins for everyone.
1986 i was getting $125-150 for set of magnetics. now these printers are advertising them at $39.95 !!!!! same with the banners. a 2' x 8' back in 1990 would bring $7-10 sq ft. at $10 sq ft it woulda been $160!!!! same banner from a printer today $64 max!!!! add to this loss of profit the materials and equipment costs have gone up. i did a banner for $160 with paint, i had $20 in the banner and maybe $5 in paint. rest was in my pocket.
i dont see it getting any better. the VALUE of a sign according to the public now.......IS HOW CHEAP CAN YOU DO IT, not HOW WELL!!!!