• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone with 560/570 have any luck with double sided printing?

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
What a nightmarish attempt to utilize this "feature" that the printer has. Spent 30 minutes trying to figure out the RIP end of things, then another hour trying to get the printer to recognize the black line to print side B. Finally gave up and I am ordering the banner from 365. Has anyone successfully used this feature?

dypinc

I wonder why that would be so difficult. Works great on the 360. But I never bothered use any controls from the RIP just rotated the second side if need be.

Please explain your procedure in detail. Maybe your missing something.

Check this video out. It is for ONYX but might be helpful even if using another RIP.

Here is another one

But like I said before I found it much easier to control it from the printer and not the RIP.

eahicks

I watched these. He left out the section of lining up the bar at the platen, which is where I had the trouble. It never read it. I don't know where the sensor is to pick that up. I'll try again soon, but I'll do it old school.....put a mark on print side, flip it, adjust to the line and print side 2.

dypinc

'll try again soon, but I'll do it old school.....put a mark on print side, flip it, adjust to the line and print side 2.

That is probably the easiest way to do if your just doing one print or two, rewind it flip around and line up your mark where you started side 1. Other wise you have set 2-sided on the printer, roll it on the take-up roll with side 1 inside and then move the take-up roll to the feed roll holder and load it. if it does not find the mark then move the media until that mark is at the printing area and tell it to search again. This works great if you are doing a lot or a whole roll of prints.

FrankW

I have switched off the RIP-Controls, does it always through the printer controls.

The sensor who scans the line is the OMAS-Sensor, a little rectangle who flashes red while printing below the media (does feed calibration too). A little mark on the back side where the lack line is would help with positioning it behind this sensor. If it fails the first time (perhaps the line is in front of the sensor), you will have the chance to feed the media back after the first time the printer cancels.

eahicks

I think the roll was slightly skewed, causing it to not read the black line. I'll try this again when I have some free time instead of trying to rush things. Plus I really didn't have much leader on this since flipping it around the tail end was shorter, and I had issues with the banner jamming up under the cure zone. God I hate the design of this thing. I miss the old Roland we had.

MachServTech

The 560/570 uses the OMAS sensor to see the line for double-sided printing. I have found double sided to be a very big pain in the ass in general In my experience I have my own method with is a manual alignment and advance for each print. The outcome is very similar to HP's workflow and there is about 5-8 mm registration leeway. Both are time-consuming and rarely profitable.YMMV as they say :)