• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone with 560/570

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Does anyone with a 560 or 570 have this issue:
I am noticing more and more, when the printer goes into sleep mode and I wake it again, whether it be next morning or later in the day if it's gone sleep, that the touchpad becomes more and more non-receptive. There are times when I wake it, go to the printer to change material or simply advance the roll a foot or two (we all know why to do that), and it takes pressing the buttons many times. I have counted upwards of 15-20 presses of one single button to get it to do what I need. I get so frustrated usually that I just restart the machine, and then it will be fine, for a few days. Then the whole process starts again. I've thought to call and have it checked out, but it's one of those things that probably won't happen while a tech is here.
Anyone else experience this?

Asuma01

Yes the cpu that runs the printer touchpad is 1990's slow. And yes the touchpad has problems recognising inputs. Iphone quality it is not.

flyplainsdrifta

yeah honestly i don't even know if its the touch pad itself or the onboard ram thats the issue. i can see it register my pick and then it just hangs for at least 5 to 10 seconds before it completes the task asked of it. its strange. I'm in the "just restart it" camp though. fixes the problem in 5 mins and the machine generally runs much better after that.

Asuma01

From what I have seen and what I was told by the guy installing the printer when we first got it. Its completely normal. And operating as designed. :roflmao:

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
From what I have seen and what I was told by the guy installing the printer when we first got it. Its completely normal. And operating as designed. :roflmao:
Sooooo....it was designed to require 20 pushes of the button to finally respond? Got it.

Asuma01

You will find there there are a fair number of obvious infuriating "choices" they made with these printers.