• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone with Nightshade veggie allergys

Tharnpheffa

or bad reaction to them? Years ago I made salsa verde with tomatillos and got hives after eating a bunch of it. A week ago I made a cool tomato. eggplant soup and froze portions. Really liked it and wound up eating it for the week at lunch.
Wound up with a severly swollen parotid gland. Went a week without the veggies and it went away, had one slice of pizza with red pepper flakes and it came back, on the other side of my neck a couple hours later...
I've read this can happen after a large concentration of these veggies hits your system-- will it go away? Life w/o 'maters, peppers and spuds sounds really harsh.
Anyone?
Thanks!

Jillbeans

I have a lot of food allergies.
It's kind of like Russian Roulette when I eat something new.
I always keep benedryl handy in case something bothers me.
I am allergic to mangoes, swiss chese, rye bread, cumin, tomato powder (like in Doritos), and the red dye used in pistachios and some other foods.
I once had a fun trip in the ambulance due to eating pizza.
:)
You know it's gonna start when the palms of your hands get itchy, then you get red straks going up your arms and your face swells.
My sister has food allegies too, and is allergic to the wax coating on some paper cups.
My son is allergic to whiskey and vodka.
Love....Jill

Flame

Yeah, you might just need to cut back on them a while then only eat sparingly. Check with a doc though.

Most of my family have a lot of food allergies, I have luckily yet to find anything I'm allergic to though so just sharing what I've observed from others.

OldPaint

boy i would be in deep trouble..............if i was alegic to TOMATOES......MY MOTHER WAS ITALIAN!!!!!!!!
PASTA, PIZZA,CHICKEN CATCHATORI. everything i ate when i was young was TOMATO something!!!!
as kids we used to carry a tiny MORTON SALT SHAKER in our pockets. go by someones house that had TOMATOES GROWING, it was LUNCH TIME..........pick a couple, bite into em and add a little salt!!!!!
only food allergy iam aware of is MANGOS!!!! cant eat a fresh one, biting into it the juice hits my lips and then it BURNS AND SWELLS like most people do with SCOTCH BONNET PEPPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm so lucky not to be allergic to any food products. In fact, I don't even get poison ivy or sumac. I don't like gristle, but then.... who does ??

Marlene

good idea to have it checked out by a Doctor as these allergies can be a very big deal. you might need to carry an EpiPen just in case.

BobM

The reaction to allergies can get more sever with each encounter so check it out with a doctor.

Tharnpheffa

The reaction to allergies can get more sever with each encounter so check it out with a doctor.

That's something a lot of people don't know and should.

I don't have a spleen, have had many allergic reactions to antibiotics.
After body surfing with a Man o' War (slightly unpleasant) and pitching a tent in the dark while unwittingly standing in a fire ant nest (yowza)
.... I carry an EpiPen and always have some form of Diphenhydramine on hand.
Thanks for the input.

Marlene

don't have a spleen, have had many allergic reactions to antibiotics.
After body surfing with a Man o' War (slightly unpleasant) and pitching a tent in the dark while unwittingly standing in a fire ant nest (yowza)
.... I carry an EpiPen and always have some form of Diphenhydramine on hand.
Thanks for the input.

eeeek!