• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone work with EL panels?

chartle

Needing to make some small backlit signs for vehicles for our fleet. I made some with EL panels like this but looking for a cheaper simpler way.

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10801

I had to buy the panel, a 12 volt inverter, a 12v volt plug, solder them all together, stick a decal over it and then attach it to a modded GPS windshield mount.

Since I made these I'm now seeing simpler signs made just from a panel with a 5v usb plug on the end all one piece just taped to the windshield.

Anyone have a source for these. I sort of found some direct from China but don't want to wait 3 to 4 weeks.

The Hobbyist

When I get my wood shop up and running, EL panels and wire will be a part of the things I will experiment with. I like the concept but I am not sure how well they will hold up over time.

Do a Google search for "Electroluminescent panels" and "EL wire" to find sources for the product.