• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone wrapped a motorcycle exhaust? Just muffler, not headers!

joelswork

I'm hoping to finish up my cafe bike project in the next few weeks and just looked at the exhaust can and how it doesn't fit the color scheme at all. I'm also big on being seen and was thinking about some 3m 680 series black reflective on there with some design work done with 1080 autumn orange. The temp readings I've been given by friends with the same bike are right around 175-200 which is the high end of the films abilities... What say ye?

mpn

Never put a thermometer to the off road stuff around here, but the aftermarket manufacturer stickers seem to hold up.

Attachments

• s-l225.jpg
    s-l225.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 123

Bly

Those muffler stickers are metal.
I wouldn't expect vinyl to last more than half an hour.

mpn

Not all of them. My bike has vinyl and it's been holding up fine. I think the type of can it has, has a lot to do with it.

rjssigns

My carbon fiber "Termi's" had 4mil factory decals and they were fine. One of the decals got a scuff from something in the shop so I took both decals off. Note: the "cans" are real carbon fiber and show no signs of heat stress whatsoever.

TheSnowman

Yeah, I've got some FMF pipes on my banshee that appear to just be standard vinyl and they're forever old still holding up fine.