• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone wrapped a wheel chair frame?

S

scarface

I have a customer wanting the frame of his wheel chair wrapped in camo.

Now there is 2 options i know of, Avery camo or the CamoClad stuff.

Since this will be stored indoors I'm thinking the Avery printed would work, yes i know it's Avery but you get what I'm saying :thumb:

Has anyone wrapped one before, i'm thinking it's going to be a PITA due to the elbow curves in the frame.

It's just a standard wheel chair that folds down.

Thanks!

ProWraps

havent done one. but not only would it be simple, it would be a joy to see the happieness it brings to the owner of the wheel chair.

S

scarface

havent done one. but not only would it be simple, it would be a joy to see the happieness it brings to the owner of the wheel chair.

I'd like to do this but Chris, i don't see how it's going to match up well with where the frame is welded together and all and going over the elbow curves. :popcorn:

HeavyHitter

I'd like to do this but Chris, i don't see how it's going to match up well with where the frame is welded together and all and going over the elbow curves. :popcorn:

Post up some pics of the areas you are worried about. Does not sound like too bad of a job. Then again I may be wrong.

Sounds like a cool job. :cool1:

Dan

S

scarface

The bends, I'm unsure of how to make it look clean since it would have to be seemed almost in the backs ya know?

Attachments

• Wheelchair.jpg
    Wheelchair.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 189

Craig Sjoquist

since it's a pattern ..camo .. should be fairly easy
take it apart areas in your way maybe completely
the inside bends you cut away the excess
ending seams at end of bar, other seams out of sight

taylorfiremedic

Make you use heavy duty vinyl with laminate over it. My son has totally torn his first one to shreds moving it in and out of this vehicle.

klemgraphics

This seems like a perfect candidate for hydro printing.

That's what I was thinking. Buddy of mine is in the hydro printing business, I know he does atv's all the time, guns, you name it, so I would think this would be a piece of cake.

54warrior

What if you painted the frame flat black first, then wrapped the areas you can in camo, then the welded/joint areas would be flat black. Just a thought.