• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone???

phatgrafix

Does anyone know this two fonts? The "Brownsville" and the "on the border by the sea"? Thanks in advanced
cob.gif

Raulrdz

The logo was designed by Don Breeden a few years back. I believe the original was actually hand drawn as he does with most of his work.

Jackpine

Blew that call. FuturaXBlCn with some kerning and node "tweeking".

Attachments

• Brownsville.jpg
    Brownsville.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 183

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That's furnished via 'Hand Painted'.

Notice how none of the 'e's match nor the 'r's ?? The word 'the' has been copied and even the flow is different throughout. The same up-stroke isn't being followed.

This is most likely not going to be reproduced exactly by a computer..... you might just have to make up a style or choose one that's close.

Raulrdz

You may want to just trace it if the graphic they gave you is of good quality and just clean up the nodes. If its a project for the city contact the purchasing department they have 11x17 screen printed vinyls that they slap on car doors, you should be able to get a very good trace from there.

Raulrdz

Customer won't change this is the official seal for the City and has been used for sometime now. They paid lots of money to have it hand drawn by a local artist and there was some controversy over who owned the rights. It has been reproduced many times. I have seen it on screen print, cnc, and vinyl over the last 12 years or so. I know there should be vectors out there either with the purchasing department or the library.