• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyway to run a contour cut and a flexcut on the same file using summa T160?

Tldr

Title is pretty much it. Id like to kisscut stickers, as well as use flex cut to cut them completely out. Can i use both on the same file?

bigben

Yes, I do it all the time with my D160. If you are using the winplot software, in your design, make your flexcut path in red and the kisscut any other color. Just before sent the job to the cutter, check the box written something like ''cut red line in flexcut mode''. Your cutter will do all the kisscut first and the flexcut after that.

If it's a print&cut, everything have to be set in your rip. But overall, it's the same thing.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Yes, this is possible. The process does vary depending on which cutting program you are using. Assuming you are using Winplot you simply need to draw your kiss cut(contour) lines in black and your flex cut(perf) lines in red(100% magenta, 100% yellow) and there is an option on the output screen in Winplot to flex cut lines in red that you'll need to select.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Summa Inc.

ProColorGraphics

That it can! I do it all the time. Your kiss cut line spot color is probably "cutcontour". Just choose another spot color and name it "cutcontourperf". This is off of memory. I'll double check tomorrow for sure.

stickersandmore

Flexisign pro 12

I would like to know how to do this flexcut with a S140T summa in flexi sign pro 12. I think you have to shut off the flexcut on the plotter... but right now its like it wants to cut through every cut I give it and jams the plotter....

Christian @ 2CT Media

I would like to know how to do this flexcut with a S140T summa in flexi sign pro 12. I think you have to shut off the flexcut on the plotter... but right now its like it wants to cut through every cut I give it and jams the plotter....

FlexCut should not be turned on on the plotter unless you are testing cuts. FlexCut gets activated either through the color line in winplot or the command in your rip.

laserman70

Would love to see a tutorial on this with flexi..
Been wanting to do this..
We have a summa s160T

If anyone knows of a tutorial.. It would be greatly appreciated
thanks