• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anywhere to download (not update) Versaworks?

Stagecraft

Setting up the SP540 V that I bought used.
It came with the CD of Versaworks v3.1 and I'm having no luck installing it on my Windows 7 laptop.
I've tried virtually every trick in the book to get 7 to accept the setup files, with no success.
I do know that Versaworks v4.0 and newer play with Windows 7 just fine, is there anywhere to do a direct download?
Thanks if you can help! - Boyd

CS-SignSupply

Usually a dealer can get you either a Full ISO or an "offline updater"

Worst case, pay for the install disk... ask your dealer and they can order from Roland.

Stagecraft

Thanks Bobby, I guess thats just what I'll need to do.
Was hoping to play with this thing this weekend. - Boyd

rozankan

VersaWorks software

There is no direct download for the complete VersaWorks software.

If you re-register your SP-540v, then a replacement VersaWorks 4.x DVD can purchased as a service part. Please note that there is a nominal fee ($29.95 + shipping) for the replacement DVD.

Feel free to PM me, or give Tech Support a call at (800) 542-2307 - Press '2'.

Roland Technical Support can generally solve most VersaWorks Installation/Update questions easily over the phone.

Tony McD

I had the same problem loading the older version in windows 7...it installed, but the print driver wouldn't load.
I ordered the disc from Roland, and it installed just fine.
Think it was version 4.0

threeputt

Seems to me, and we just went through this a few weeks back, that if you've got V3.1 you're fine. (we also are using Win7 for an OS)

Call or email Roland and if you can verify you own the hardware and the software (they check your name against the serial number) they'll issue you a one-time download authorization via email.

It will take you to 3.5 I believe. Then another download takes you all the way to 4.0.

Two things.
1) It takes forever to download. Like three hours.

2) The authorization expires in 24 hours, so you can't put off doing it once you recieve their authorization code.

Hope this helps.