• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

AOL problems

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
2 customers today with AOL accounts are not getting my emails. About 95% of the emails that have errors and bounce backs are AOL emails. I don't have any issues with other ISP's

One particular customer of mine has had this issue for years. But they won't give up their AOL email

Does anyone else experience this issue?

Snydo

I'm assuming these emails have attachments?, we've had similiar customers with limited email capabilities when it came to attachments so now we send them a link to their file via wetransfer, or adobe cloud.

bannertime

If you're sending out cookie cutter type emails, certain places will automatically block it as spam. Happened to us with Yahoo. I had to create another email address for sending artwork proofs that doesn't use the template to help prevent that. AOL and Yahoo will be merging and creating a new company soon anyway, so maybe both issues will be fixed.

unclebun

AOL users who use the default security settings will find your emails in their spam folders unless you are in their address book.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
These emails are not even making it to their spam folder. Just bounced back. Or sometimes it takes hours for the email to arrive. I don't have problems with gmail, hotmail, yahoo or other major ISP's. Just AOL

The most I have cc'd at one time is probably 3 emails. So unless someone spoofed my email, a mass email has never come from me.

equippaint

What's AOL?
On a side note, some big insurance co has been charging higher rates to people with email accounts with sites yahoo and hotmail than they do to people with more "modern" accounts like gmail.

ChicagoGraphics

I haven't been having any issues with AOL, but there are times where my mail doesn't arrive until an hour or so later, I was thinking it's just where I'm located now.

chromira

2 customers today with AOL accounts are not getting my emails. About 95% of the emails that have errors and bounce backs are AOL emails. I don't have any issues with other ISP's

One particular customer of mine has had this issue for years. But they won't give up their AOL email

Does anyone else experience this issue?
It's possible you may have found yourself on AOL's block list. We had this happen to us until I clicked on the link and requested removal.

LoRobs

I'd assume this has nothing to do with your problem but AIM, AOL instant messenger, was shut down in December. Although they say that nothing with AOL emails was affected, there still could have been some errors or resets as far as their spam monitoring goes.

earplug

The largest piece of e-mail that an AOL member can receive from or send to the Internet is 25 Megabytes. This includes the message text, headers and the attachment combined. This size cannot be configured by the Member, or adjusted by the Postmaster Team.