Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apparently Ohio State and college football in general isn’t very popular in Tennesse

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by ThinkRight, Feb 16, 2013.

1. ThinkRight

ThinkRight Active Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Atlanta Ga
    :ROFLMAO:
    Apparently Ohio State – and college football in general – isn’t very popular in the state of Tennessee.
    At least not with the police.
    Bonnie Jonas-Boggioni, 65, and her husband were driving home to Plano, Texas from Columbus after attending her mother-in-law’s funeral when a pair of black police SUV’s stopped the couple a few miles outside of Memphis.
    “Knowing I wasn’t speeding, I couldn’t imagine why,” Jonas-Boggioni told the Columbus Dispatch. “They were very serious. They had the body armor and the guns.”
    On the back of Jonas-Boggioni’s car was a Buckeye leaf decal, similar to the one players’ have on their helmets, and cops mistakenly thought it was marijuana leaf.
    Yes, really.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...keye-car-decal-mistaken-191317336--ncaaf.html
    :doh:
    :omg2:

Tags:
  2. James Burke

James Burke Being a grandpa is more fun than working

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State
    Are we also to assume that every car that sports a Coke bottle sticker will be suspicious of being a meth lab?

JB

3. ThinkRight

ThinkRight Active Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Atlanta Ga
    Just can't make this stuff up, so maybe you are right.

4. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    Don't believe the marijuana leaf part of the story. They were pulled over for being Ohio State fans.

5. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

also dont drive a mercedes benz with florida plates TO TENNESSEE......... to the local PD you gota be a drug runner))))) ask me how i know)))))

6. omgsideburns

omgsideburns Very Active Member

Apr 15, 2008
    Ha.. this older gentleman that walks at one of the parks I run at has a big "O" with the leaf tattoo on his leg. I knew what the O was about, but until this thread I thought it was weird for him to have a big pot leaf tattoo on his leg. The more you know...

7. FatCat

FatCat Very Active Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    If you think that's bad, I can tell you stories about wearing an OSU hat (the one in my avatar) on a 4 day fishing trip in Michigan...

Now those people REALLY hate us! :)