• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Appears my VJ inkjet printer ink issue

EZ Ink

Been having a problem with my printer wasting a lot of ink. For instance when not in use I have noticed a drop in the amounts
of my inks. I do not turn of my machine off , and just put it in sleep mode. The next day the ink cartridges ( I am transitioning from cartridge to the
bulk system) when I return the ink levels in the cartridge is lower. I do make sure the cleaning mode is set to clean
it daily. Anything might be causing that? Thanks.

Glenn Combs

DL Signs

Never go against the family
Don't know much about those, but they all work on the same principal. If you don't have puddles of ink anywhere, it's probably the cleaning cycle doing it. Does it have any different cleaning levels (light, medium, hard)? If it's on the highest level, try changing it to a lower level and see if it reduces the amount you're losing. Any printer set to a maximum clean will use a lot of ink, and if the printer is used regularly it usually doesn't need to be set to the highest level.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Don't know much about those, but they all work on the same principal. If you don't have puddles of ink anywhere, it's probably the cleaning cycle doing it. Does it have any different cleaning levels (light, medium, hard)? If it's on the highest level, try changing it to a lower level and see if it reduces the amount you're losing. Any printer set to a maximum clean will use a lot of ink, and if the printer is used regularly it usually doesn't need to be set to the highest level.
On Mutoh's it's called "Economy." Both lights in the cleaning indicator on the panel need to be on and that indicates it's set to economy.

I say watch out for RBG black! instead of just black it prints a flood of all 4 inks. If your alignment is perfect and your drying is good you may not notice it. But that will drain a lot of ink!