• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Apple cider vinegar with mother

gabagoo

I know there are a few health gurus on this site and I just found out in the last 2 weeks of the amazing things this vinegar can do for you. I initialy started taking it as it is good for Gout, but now find it's good for just about anything from what I read online.

I have no problem taking it straight and use a shot glass and take 2 hits in the morning and 2 at night. Love the burn!!!

The only thing I am concerned about is that i think taking it straight may be to acidic on tooth enamel.

Any thoughts out there? hmmm? OP u there?

Wes Phifer

I was going to start it because I heard it was good for asthma. I couldn't take it. That stuff is nasty. If you think it will eat your tooth enamel what about you throat and stomach?

Marlene

look up some ideas for using it on or in food as drinking it is vile at best. this goes in and out of fashion over the years for as long as I can remember so I bet there are some good ideas out there to get it down.

isn't "mother" that ucky snotty stuff that happens after it has set around for a long time?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I've been taking it for years. :thumb:

I keep a bottle here at the shop and one at home. I take a big gulp right from the bottle morning and night.... and any time I feel like it in between.

It has so many benefits..... its just some amazing stuff.​

If anyone suffers from heart burn or acid reflux or any of those other nasties that do crazy things to your system..... I'm no doctor, but it will get rid of it within days.

For those that can't stand the taste, just mix it with a little water or orange juice.

AUTO-FX

If anyone suffers from heart burn or acid reflux or any of those other nasties that do crazy things to your system..... I'm no doctor, but it will get rid of it within days.

Is this knowledge from experience?
I've got all kinds of problems with reflux, hiatal hernia, etc. If it would help, I might try it....besides, beer doesnt seem to be working....

tcorn1965

The only thing I am concerned about is that i think taking it straight may be to acidic on tooth enamel.

Any thoughts out there? hmmm? OP u there?

What are the Side Effects of Apple Cider Vinegar?

There are no major known side effects of Apple Cider Vinegar when used in moderation. However, drinking vinegars, acids or even lemon juices on a regular basis can lead to a deterioration of dental enamel. This can give your teeth a yellowish look and make them more sensitive to heat and cold. To prevent this, the vinegar should always be diluted with water or a pinch of baking soda should be added in order to reduce the acidity level.

Terry

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Is this knowledge from experience?
I've got all kinds of problems with reflux, hiatal hernia, etc. If it would help, I might try it....besides, beer doesnt seem to be working....

Believe it or not, my wife cooks and bakes with the touch of a gourmet chef. She's a wonderful cook and probably 90% of my food comes from her hands and tender loving care....:loveya:

However, when my birthday rolls around or some holiday weekend, I used to pig out and eat all kinds of bad chit, like a few pizzas on a weekend, sandwiches and stuff from 'greasy spoon' type dinners. Ya know... some old habits are hard to break. :Oops:

• Take two slugs of Bragg's Organic Raw-Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar.... and the problem would be gone in 15 minutes or so.

Beer is another beverage I stopped drinking about 5 years ago. I know exist on Bushmills, Jameson and Port. Since changing to that, I've had less problems. I never really had acid reflux, but when I would over-stuff myself, I'm sure it was what others experienced. This stuff really works.

What you're experiencing is mostly just from diet. Changing some things around and taking some preventive precautions will help you to the point, if you're on any medication, you'll be able to quit rather quickly. My 92 year old neighbor started taking it about 2 or 3 years ago and he swears by it..... and my wife's cooking.

You're near by me...... let's make some plans to get together at my house this spring or summer and she'll take you on a health tour.... an easy - followable one.

:thumb:

AUTO-FX

Awe, hey, thanks, Gino!
I am somewhat careful with what I eat. No fast food. No big Hoagies with onions and junk. I do have pizza once a week (easy on the pepperoni) and toaster oven french fries are a bad habit. Maybe I should put malted vinegar on 'em like the Brits?
I will never give up beer though.Even if it is mostly light beer anymore. Just kill me if I have to.
I will try this Bragg's organic!
How about eating pickles? Isnt there alot of vinegar in the juice???

Pat Whatley

My grandmother drank pickle juice every morning for as long as I can remember. She always said if was "for her bowels". Until just now I've never thought about what she meant by that.

There's a whole lot of salt in pickles, though.

Jillbeans

I love pickles, I love malted vinegar on FFs (when I eat them, which is rarely)
But there is no way in hell I would guzzle vinegar.
I think I'd rather suffer with whatever ailments I have.
My elderly friend says to drink a shot of vinegar with a shot of whiskey.
Blurrrgh.
Love.....Jill

signmeup

Good for gout huh? I'm gonna get me some. I can't drink beer any more.. it makes my feet hurt. I like the baking soda idea.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Awe, hey, thanks, Gino!
I am somewhat careful with what I eat. No fast food. No big Hoagies with onions and junk. I do have pizza once a week (easy on the pepperoni) and toaster oven french fries are a bad habit. Maybe I should put malted vinegar on 'em like the Brits?
I will never give up beer though.Even if it is mostly light beer anymore. Just kill me if I have to.
I will try this Bragg's organic!

How about eating pickles? Isnt there alot of vinegar in the juice???

It's a well known fact and it's completely documented. All the soldiers who fought at the battle of Gettysburg.... on either side....... are dead today. So, eating pickles WILL kill you. :noway:

signmeup

I love pickles but I can't eat them. I suffer for days if I eat even a small piece of one. I'm think I'd die if I drank pickle juice!

gabagoo

I've been taking it for years. :thumb:

I keep a bottle here at the shop and one at home. I take a big gulp right from the bottle morning and night.... and any time I feel like it in between.

It has so many benefits..... its just some amazing stuff.

For those that can't stand the taste, just mix it with a little water or orange juice.

i AM LIKE YOU GINO.... I actually like the stuff... Like drinking a good italian or french salad dressing:rock-n-roll:

If this stuff is good for acid reflux then I will be on it for life. I just wish I had heard about it earlier.

Adrian... it is good for gout!!! .. You can dilute it into 8oz of water and still get the benefit but it has to have the mother in it to be of anyuse. the mother is where all the good bacteria is so if you buy it make sure you shake it up.

Bigdawg

Just Me
My grandkids raid the pickle juice whenever they come over - they like it better than the pickles!! Guess they'll grow up healthy :smile:

omgsideburns

Good to know next time my foot starts to kill me.

Signmeup, i'm with you on the beer. It's a surefire way to wake up in pain.

AUTO-FX

Hey, my ex's boyfriend is "The Pickle Man" at all the eastern PA shows and fairs - maybe I can get us a deal on left over pickle juice!