• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Apple Following Windows?

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
the update itself is not automatic. It just downloads to your hard drive. It won't install without your consent. I have automatic downloads turned off.

WildWestDesigns

the update itself is not automatic. It just downloads to your hard drive. It won't install without your consent. I have automatic downloads turned off.

The downloading to your HD is automatic if you have auto updates turned on. The installing, no that's not automatic. It wasn't automatic initially with Windows either, then they got a little more sneaky about getting it on.

Now, I will give Apple credit, they do make it "easier" to not accept the install, but I have to wonder if that will change as time progresses.

JoeBoomer

Refurb Mac

I'm looking at a refurb iMac on the Apple site. Wonder if refurbs have Sierra installed?

Regardless, refurbed macs are the best value you can get when buying a mac. I fully endorse Apple refurbs. You can downgrade back to 'El Captain' regardless.

klmiller611

Regardless, refurbed macs are the best value you can get when buying a mac. I fully endorse Apple refurbs. You can downgrade back to 'El Captain' regardless.

I'd agree. I believe the systems on any specific refub are the system that model of Mac initially came with, not any upgraded versions. I've bought several and had zero problems, and will do the same for my next one.

Ken Miller