• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Apple "iSlate" tablet leaked

ProWraps

if apple can make a tablet successful, they really are a great company. the history of the tablet market isnt a good one.

SignManiac

If you look closely, the left most icon appears to be a phone and I wouldn't expect that the Ipadlet would be practical to carry around and use for calls.

animenick65

That is a mockup. Be prepared for some of those listed features to not actually be there. As always, anything "Leaked" that has to do with an Apple product needs to be taken with a grain of salt. No one has ever predicted an Apple product perfectly in advance of its release. Someone will most likely come out the night before with a perfect prediction, but in the world of Apple gossip, the night before is too late.

If it has OTA data capabilities, then being able to place calls with the device via bluetooth headset would be an awesome feature. One less thing to carry around if you need your tablet with you. As you know, Apple spends lots of R&D time and dollars on convergence, so it wouldn't be a surprise.

CES020

If you look closely, the left most icon appears to be a phone and I wouldn't expect that the Ipadlet would be practical to carry around and use for calls.

It will have the ability to make calls as well. It's running on the 3G network. It's combining a computer and the phone, making it a seamless device.

Plus it's rumored to basically be running the iphone OS.

acothran

As always, anything "Leaked" that has to do with an Apple product needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

Very true and if "leaked" information was true from the past, Apple would've release a tablet and/or netbook a long time ago. Whether you love, hate, or could care less about Apple, whatever they release is bound to change the market. Some products (i.e. Newton) failed but look at the iPod and iPhone. The iPod was release well after MP3 players had hit the market and many said it would fail. A couple of weeks ago I was reading quotes (I think the link was shared on S101) from days after the iPhone's release. Industry "experts" talked about the problems of the iPhone (too expensive, married to one carrier, no physical keyboard) and how is wouldn't survive and/or be a viable option for business professionals. Even if you hate the iPhone, or it doesn't work well for you, you have to admit is has changed the cell phone industry. Just look at the market today where most new phones are based on the iPhone design.

It will be exciting (I like/use Apple products) to see what they release and nice to know if should be available soon. One thing about Apple, when they debut a product it normally hits the market very soon after release event instead of months down the road.

jiarby

Jobs has had a woodie for a tablet since the early 90's.

I don't think textbook publishers will be excited about providing electronic copies without strong DRM protection.

Joe Diaz

I've been in the market for a tablet pc/laptop. I'm waiting to see what is coming out early this year. I may get the mac tablet if A: I can get it for under $1000, B: If the speeds and specs are comparable to the other tablets in the $1000 or below price range and C: if I can use it to illustrate.

Doyle

I've been in the market for a tablet pc/laptop. I'm waiting to see what is coming out early this year. I may get the mac tablet if A: I can get it for under $1000, B: If the speeds and specs are comparable to the other tablets in the $1000 or below price range and C: if I can use it to illustrate.

I have been pondering the same thing, but think that this tablet will be less like an actual computer and more like an internet portal and media player. I have been a tablet fan for a while, and have been using a motion computing le1700 for a while now, not for illustration, but more for note taking etc. and absolutely love the technology (microsoft has great handwriting recognition). I at first thought this apple tablet could possibly someday replace the tablet pc that I use, but after all of this leaked information I think otherwise.

I have been hearing about this thing for months now, and Apple is holding an event next Wednesday where they are predicted to announce this tablet, I will be watching closely and will probably have to buy one when it is released, if it maintains the rumored price tag of about $1000.

Rooster

The tablet itself will not be a stunning device. It's just hardware.

The software implementation and user interface will be what makes it stunning.

Then add in Apple's experience in delivering online content and applications and you'll have a killer device that will remake the netbook/tablet market.

javila

There's no wacom digitizer, and there's about .0001 chance that apple will supply a stylus on this product.

This won't be for artists, it'll be for "arteeests".

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Not too excited about this, just hoping that Apple makes a deal with Verizon this year when my plan is up...