Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

apples OrAngeS and LETTUCE

Discussion in 'Classroom Assignments' started by THATgirl, Dec 2, 2003.

1. THATgirl

THATgirl Very Active Member

Sep 16, 2003
    Ok you little varmits......since the last lesson went over like a turd in a punchbowl....let's try something else. we all love fonts (duh) or we wouldn't be in this business. Sometimes you can look at a word so long it just doesn't look right anymore. I think it's fun to play with words. Do you have a word you would like to share that you think really matches a font? Or ....how about a word that really does NOT fit with the font. Here are some examples. There are no right or wrong samples.
    Anybody can do anything that he imagines Henry Ford

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2003
    Tags:
  2. geb

geb Very Active Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Adirondacks
    Here's a couple fonts and their names as listed on a CD I purchased along the way. Don't think I'd ever use them, but...

Attached Files:

3. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Hate the "L" in Lettuce. Looks like Zettuce.

4. Rick

Rick Certified Enneadecagon Designer

Apr 17, 2003
    Valle Vista
    HEY! I've used that Rocky font!!!

5. geb

geb Very Active Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Adirondacks
    No offense intended, for what I've done so far, I haven't had to use those fonts. But, you never know... They're nice to have, in case the right job comes along. I guess my post may have sounded negative towards those fonts, wasn't intended that way. Just thought they were a little different and more flashy than the normal fonts and wanted to show them off.

George

6. Rick

Apr 17, 2003
    Valle Vista
    I was kidding Geb........ I mean I have used it, but never thought I would ;) (look at the whhippersnapppers thread, it's on the Little Shop of Horrors sign-en espanol)

7. geb

geb Very Active Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Adirondacks
    It definately fits for that theme(horror), or a scary title line. I have a few more similar to Rocky, they would all be good for a Halloween theme.
    Signlab even has a font named after one of my favorite shows, Sportscenter.

Attached Files:

8. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Gerber has been calling it Athletic Script for years and I have it in a collection under the name of Sport Script.

9. Rick

Apr 17, 2003
    Valle Vista
    House Industries and Havana Street have cool Horror Fonts as well, I've use them on little signs within a ride, but that was it. Like the Gerber script font, but since I am on a Mac, I never get to use mine :(

10. THATgirl

Sep 16, 2003
    fonts are so much fun! I like that Rocky font

Attached Files:

11. Gene@mpls

Gene@mpls Very Active Member

Jun 17, 2003
    Blaine, Mn
    Please Mistress- what font is Christmas? Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou
    Gene:signs101:

12. THATgirl

Sep 16, 2003
    Hi Gene....the above Christmas is just called Christmas script. It is pretty huh. here are a few others I like eventhough the top one is hard to read I like it.

Attached Files: