• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

apples OrAngeS and LETTUCE

THATgirl

Ok you little varmits......since the last lesson went over like a turd in a punchbowl....let's try something else. we all love fonts (duh) or we wouldn't be in this business. Sometimes you can look at a word so long it just doesn't look right anymore. I think it's fun to play with words. Do you have a word you would like to share that you think really matches a font? Or ....how about a word that really does NOT fit with the font. Here are some examples. There are no right or wrong samples.
Anybody can do anything that he imagines Henry Ford

101one.jpg

Last edited:

geb

Here's a couple fonts and their names as listed on a CD I purchased along the way. Don't think I'd ever use them, but...

Attachments

• fonts.jpg
    fonts.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 246

geb

No offense intended, for what I've done so far, I haven't had to use those fonts. But, you never know... They're nice to have, in case the right job comes along. I guess my post may have sounded negative towards those fonts, wasn't intended that way. Just thought they were a little different and more flashy than the normal fonts and wanted to show them off.

George

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I was kidding Geb........ I mean I have used it, but never thought I would ;) (look at the whhippersnapppers thread, it's on the Little Shop of Horrors sign-en espanol)

geb

It definately fits for that theme(horror), or a scary title line. I have a few more similar to Rocky, they would all be good for a Halloween theme.
Signlab even has a font named after one of my favorite shows, Sportscenter.

Attachments

• sportscenter1.jpg
    sportscenter1.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 200

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Gerber has been calling it Athletic Script for years and I have it in a collection under the name of Sport Script.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
House Industries and Havana Street have cool Horror Fonts as well, I've use them on little signs within a ride, but that was it. Like the Gerber script font, but since I am on a Mac, I never get to use mine :(

Gene@mpls

Please Mistress- what font is Christmas? Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou
Gene:signs101:

THATgirl

Hi Gene....the above Christmas is just called Christmas script. It is pretty huh. here are a few others I like eventhough the top one is hard to read I like it.

Attachments

• christmas2.jpg
    christmas2.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 204