• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Application tables

bigwow

Considering an application table - anyone have any opinions on these:

• RollsRoller
• CWT Worktools
• Rollover
• Rogue Roller (out of business?)
• Bobis

Any feedback or any I might have missed appreciated.

bigwow

The Highway Handyman is interesting, looks a bit clunky though, not quite the same as a table.

T

TonyC

On order

We have ordered a CWT Tools table after seeing it at the SGAI show 2 weeks ago. We compared the CWT Tools, Rollover, Rollsroller and the one by Royal Sovereign. I believe the CWT was the best built unit. I also preferred not having the gantry section over the roller. The shipping cost of the CWT was less and the fact it comes not assembled was a big plus for us. We can get it into our shop easier.

I will give a detailed analysis in 2-3 weeks after we have it installed.

JERHEMI

The Highway Handyman is interesting, looks a bit clunky though, not quite the same as a table.

No, its not a table. It does weight 300 pounds though. I'm going to put it on an adjustable table with casters and move it around my shop wherever I want. Raise it and lower it to whatever feed table I want. When I'm not mounting signs or masking vinyl I can roll into a corner out of the way. Basically, I'm tired of unwebbing my Seal laminator every time I need to mount signs. Not to mention, the Seal laminator only allows mounting in "snail" mode, which is super slow. This new machine costs less than another nice laminator, A LOT less than a nice mounting table, but its faster and more productive than both. It's getting delivered Tuesday, so looking forward to getting it setup and running an air hose to it and see how it goes.

CanuckSigns

No, its not a table. It does weight 300 pounds though. I'm going to put it on an adjustable table with casters and move it around my shop wherever I want. Raise it and lower it to whatever feed table I want. When I'm not mounting signs or masking vinyl I can roll into a corner out of the way. Basically, I'm tired of unwebbing my Seal laminator every time I need to mount signs. Not to mention, the Seal laminator only allows mounting in "snail" mode, which is super slow. This new machine costs less than another nice laminator, A LOT less than a nice mounting table, but its faster and more productive than both. It's getting delivered Tuesday, so looking forward to getting it setup and running an air hose to it and see how it goes.

No doubt it's a great machine that is better than a laminator for mounting, but as a rolls roller user, there is no way it's more productive than a flatbed applicator, cheaper yes, but not more productive

GB2

Old Member
I'd be curious to know more about your Rolls Roller, which model do you have, lighted table or not, side rails or not. Obviously you think it is a productive machine but I'd like to know what else you might have to say about it. Do you use it as a general work table too?

T

TonyC

Current system

This is our current system for mounting prints using a cheap laminator. It works okay till you have 60 jobs going at once.

Attachments

• Mounter 2_resized.jpg
    Mounter 2_resized.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 250
  • Mounter_resized.jpg
    Mounter_resized.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 222

CanuckSigns

I'd be curious to know more about your Rolls Roller, which model do you have, lighted table or not, side rails or not. Obviously you think it is a productive machine but I'd like to know what else you might have to say about it. Do you use it as a general work table too?

We got the entry machine, it maxes out at 54"x8.3', no light table, no side rails. it does do a very good job of mounting vinyl to substrates, and laminating short runs.

I can train someone on it in less than 30 minutes and they will be applying perfect prints all day long. it can be sued as a general work table, but kep in mind the cutting mat is pretty soft, almost a gel so it cuts easily, and at $500 to replace you don't really want to cut through it.

One of the biggest time savers i've found is applying short runs of laminate. we leave our laminator webbed up with 3 mil gloss lam all the time, now if we have a print that needs matte, or dry erase or something, we don't need to unload the laminator, load it back up, get it running straight etc. just cut off what we need and go, no wasting 2-3 feet of laminate loading the laminator, and with some specialty laminates being $25+ per yard, it saves money.

Feel free to ask me anything you like, either here or by PM

Split76

I had rollsroller 340/140 (133/55") from 2009-last summer and now I have CWT 4500x1800mm (177,5x70") and i have to say rollsroller feels more robust but that's because of the upper bar above the roller. CWT does it job as fine and doesn't have that upper bar in the way.. and is more user friendly because of that.
I don't know what kind of air compressor you are offered with the table, but i bought sil-air 50/24, it's more noisy than jun-air which i bought with my rollsroller at 2009, but it has bigger air tank, so I don't mind. It runs way less frequently. I have 2 membrane table heat presses too (shirt/cap/) and we use the same air compressor for those too :)

vroongraphics

We use a Mistral 1650-64" laminator for mounting signs and pretty much everything since my Seal broke down. It is very easy to use and FAST. Once we build up to the need for higher volume production, I would get a Rollsroller for sure. High quality....fair price.

player

I don't know what kind of air compressor you are offered with the table, but i bought sil-air 50/24, it's more noisy than jun-air which i bought with my rollsroller at 2009, but it has bigger air tank, so I don't mind. It runs way less frequently.

Are all the tables running on air? Electric hydraulic would be much quieter.

Split76

Are all the tables running on air? Electric hydraulic would be much quieter.

Rollsrollers jun-air compressor was as loud as fridge (screw compressor) so there's no need to play with hydraulics. My CWT's compressor makes more noise, but not so much it would bother us :thumb: