• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

application tape issue

petepaz

i was having some issues with application tape that the tape was lifting from the vinyl, causing a tunneling effect which was causing some install issues. i was using r-tape at-60 for years and this just started happening during the summer. maybe it was a weather/temperature issue. i tried some other types of application tape and i think i found one with out any issues (at-65) but i also tried a main tape version my vendor sent and i have had some issues where it tears in pieces and is a pain to remove also it leaves adhesive residue also a pain to remove.
anyone ever have this or know why this happens or did i just get a bad roll?

Attachments

• application tape.jpg
    application tape.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 79
  • application tape-1.jpg
    application tape-1.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 58

reQ

Had same issue with some generic brand premask, which was given us to try it out. Figured out it was due to high humidity, but for some reason - Rtape & Tacmaster do work in any environment in my shop.