• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

application tape question

infinitesign

If there are any users of Oracal 651 and Gerber HP, I have a question. When using HP vinyl, I have good luck with thevinyl sticking to the application tape rather than staying on the paper when peeling. With the Oracal 651, it is a bugger. It seems to want to stay on the paper. I do use a high tack tape. Any feedback?

S'N'S

Lay the masked graphic face down and peel the backing back at 45 deg angle, (you don't peel the graphic off the backing.) If it still lifts, try squeegeeing harder when masking the graphic.

infinitesign

Lay the masked graphic face down and peel the backing back at 45 deg angle, (you don't peel the graphic off the backing.) If it still lifts, try squeegeeing harder when masking the graphic.

I will try the 45 degree. I was taught to lay it almost flat back onto itself when removing the paper. It is worse in humid weather. Thank You.