• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Application tape ?

"Deposit Please"

I'm doing small promotional stickers for all members of a local dance school. The stickers are gonna be for the back glass of their vehicles. I'm using 1 color (white oracal 651) to keep it simple, but there is small lettering in the decal that i'm concerned with as the customers will be putting it on themselves. I currently use a medium-tack application tape, but i'm thinking about getting high-tack because i don't want any of the letters left behind when customers remove the backing. Never used high-tack, good idea for this project??? thanks

MikePro

high tack is RIDICULOUSLY tacky.... i've pulled contact cemented laminate off sintra lettering before with it.

just use regular mask and remind the customers to give the decal another squeegee before peeling the backing off.

TXGraphix24

I would recommened a clear transfer tape so the customer is seeing what he/she is doing. I wouldnt use high tack because the vinyl may still stick to the transfer tape and not come off onto the window.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The problem we had with clear is that some customers will apply the decal and not remove the clear transfer tape thinking that this is how it is supposed to be.

showcase 66

The problem we had with clear is that some customers will apply the decal and not remove the clear transfer tape thinking that this is how it is supposed to be.
I have had calls from customers yelling at me because their decal is already peeling a couple days later after they put it on. Turned out they left the clear on.