• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Application

doncollier

Hi I am real new at this, I have applied vynil to glass and banners with out to much trouble, but I want to apply a logo to a truck it is 18"H X 22"W and the truck has a slight cure n it, both top to bottom and side to side. Should I pull the backing off first then apply it or should I tape the top or side and start pulling of the backing and squeegee it down as I remove the backing?

Any info will really help and thank you.

Also what would be a fair price for that size (1 color)?

P.S. I tried to research this first in the newbies forum but didn't have much luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

R08

learn to spell vinyl.:smile:
Use the tape method. Hinge method to be exact.
Best to use application fluid

O and welcome to the forum.

Last edited:

DOGraphics

Hi I am real new at this

P.S. I tried to research this first in the newbies forum but

didn't have much luck.

You know if you have search you have set yourself up to get hammered on. At least introduce your self a little.

To answer your question the HINGE METHOD as mentioned above.

Search that here or ebay or just google even.

my .02 :beer

doncollier

learn to spell vinyl.:smile:
Use the tape method. Hinge method to be exact.
Best to use application fluid

O and welcome to the forum.

Thanks

OK, so I use the hinge method. Do I hinge it from the top then pull off all the backing at once or pull off part of the backing and start pressing it down.

VINYL.....vinyl I am a very bad speller and dislectic to, which gets costly now and then in the screenprinting business. LOL

imaSIGNr

I sort of disagree w/ Signrite......depending on what the curves are like. wet appl. may not be the way to go.

I

ilevelsign

doncollier.Why don't you do a few trial runs first maybe if you have a van or even try applying some vinyl to a substrate you have knocking about.That way you can get some practice in and start to build your confidence.
Oh and take no notice to some of the wit here on these message forums...It's very very sour and dry.

DOGraphics

doncollier.Why don't you do a few trial runs first maybe if you have a van or even try applying some vinyl to a substrate you have knocking about.That way you can get some practice in and start to build your confidence.
Oh and take no notice to some of the wit here on these message forums...It's very very sour and dry.

HEY NOW. I resemble that. LOL

quote What is a hinge method etc................. DO A SEARCH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbbJFTjGFwo

your welcome

:Welcome: 2 :signs101:

Marlene

cheap crap vinyl that's so thick it can stand up on it's own or high performance 2 mil that is pliable? Cheap thick crap hinged or not hinged may not be a good choice for this. When asking a question, include facts on product being used as it is a big help and keeps us from having to ask.

Cadmn

shovel grab another:beer my friend it is 18"(inches)x22"(inches) hell my 12 Y.O. nephew could handle that easy & DRY No wet stuff.

imaSIGNr

Maybe not for us... but a newbie?
No...it has nothing to do with being a newb or not. Especially if there are compound curves, he'll be very frustrated trying to do a wet install. I've been doing vinyl since it was new and I do wet sometimes or I might do dry depending on the circumstances. And compound curves I've learned to never do wet.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Shovelhead? Sarcastic? Never. :smile:

BTW love the cute new avatar Shovel.

I'd do it dry. Cut a couple in case ya' screw it up.

Shoot - we never even knew there was such a thing as a wet application when we started!

Shovelhead

Shovelhead? Sarcastic? Never. :smile:

BTW love the cute new avatar Shovel.

I'd do it dry. Cut a couple in case ya' screw it up.

Shoot - we never even knew there was such a thing as a wet application when we started!

Kitties penetrate my hard crusty outer shell.