Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apply cast vinyl over louvers.

Discussion in 'Tips & Tricks' started by tmccord, Jun 1, 2012.

1. tmccord

tmccord New Member

May 30, 2012
    I have a contract to wrap backup generators. They generate a lot of heat so all the doors have 1/4" deep louvers. So far we are stumped on how to get a clean look. We have tried heat but when you cut the vinyl to vent the louver it is all stretched out and will not lay down smoothly. Does anyone have experience with this? We are using Avery MPI 1005 with 1360 overlam.

Tags:
  2. eahicks

eahicks Very Active Member

Apr 17, 2012
    DALLAS, TEXAS
    Heat, foam rollers, keep working them in until they are completely covered, then cut and slit them. I did a ton of electrical boxes for a city once. Charge accordingly for the extra time involved.

3. CheapVehicleWrap

CheapVehicleWrap Very Active Member

Dec 2, 2008
    You're talking ALLOT of louvers aren't you? Done them on hot dog carts. My guess with the amount your talking about you may want to try eliminating the louvers all together if possible. Otherwise tain't gonna be CHEAP.

4. Hicalibersigns

Hicalibersigns Member

Apr 8, 2011
    You mean like a rollepro???

5. wedosigns

wedosigns Member

Sep 8, 2011
    Here it is.

Attached Files: