• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Apply transfer tape to vinyl then cutting with Graphtec

trafficbarriersolutions

TRAFFIC & BARRIER SOLUTIONS, LLC
Hi,
I am having an issue with it comes to making traffic signs with getting the borders level. I can use the Graphtec to cut my traffic signs. However, after applying the transfer tape, even when using a ruler to cut straight, it is making the job harder to determine if the borders are aligned correctly due to the transfer tape. Can you apply the transfer tape before cutting the job and it would be easier to determine the border alignment better?
IMG_2091 (1).jpg

MNT_Printhead

Working among the Corporate Lizard People
Why not skip the transfer tape? I never mask reflective when I am making traffic and street signs. I cut with a straight edge and apply.

trafficbarriersolutions

Why not skip the transfer tape? I never mask reflective when I am making traffic and street signs. I cut with a straight edge and apply.
Because the Green ElectroCut is extremely Adhesive! Meaning that it is intense to come off. Once it is on the reflective, it will take 6 hours to get it off. Waste of time and money. Plus, the transfer tape and a roller will help it get on there without any bubbles. And it helps to line it up correctly. However, since the transfer tape is not lined, it makes it harder to line it up correctly due to the tape not being visible in some spots.

trafficbarriersolutions

I see. I was thinking you had printed this.
Here's an example of one that was printed and transfer taped. However, the bottom one is not straight on the top of the 8.06. That's what makes it difficult is that white background of the vinyl that was weeded out plus the unaligned top that can misjudge it to be correctly aligned.
70802510747__914566D9-D58C-4517-A1AE-03C8E671993F.jpg

unclebun

Cut the rectangle of the sign blank along with the letters. When you weed the vinyl, do not remove all the excess material between the cuts. Get a Weber Tape Tool so you can use application tape that's the size of the whole roll of vinyl. After applying the tape, cut the decals apart at the edges of the sign rectangle. Voila. Line up the edges of the decal with the edges of the sign blank, clamp and apply via hinge method.