• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

applying a digital print to 4 x 8 sheet of plywood

gabagoo

I am curious to see if there are other methods of doing this on the laminator, other than the way I do it.

I lay the graphic down on the plywood set up about halfway in the laminator and adjust it until it is set, then lower the rollers and move the graphic and plywood through until there is about 10" left, then peel back the vinyl and using the foot pedal slowly get the vinyl down.
i then flip the board around and lower the rollers on the graphic that is applied, then flip the rest of the graphic over the laminator and then slowly peel the liner and start the machine. I have found in this hot weather that the graphic can skew a bit if not careful.

is there a better way for a single person to do this? ( I will say that rotating the plywood damn near killed me in such a tight area lol)

Set board on table, trim print on bottom and one side exactly to where i want it, Take an inch off the backing and use thumb to mount it directly on the edge of board. Stick edge of board in laminator and throw print over top of laminator. Peel up edge and and laminate. Unless your laminating rollers are really skewed. It will go on perfect.

Salmoneye

If it's laminated, Big Squeegee done on the sign table. Easy to allign, hinge and 2min total for everything, wrinkle and bubble free. Less lifting, moving, rotating and you don't risk screwing up a roller.

Mosh

MDO? I hope so and not just like some cdx or osb plywood....
+ on the 2" trim/hinge.