• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Applying Graphics to Corrugated Galvanized Material

Sinclair

I just got an e-mail to apply graphics to corrugated sheet of galvanized metal. I've read up on applying the graphics to corrugated metal but now I'm questioning weather the vinyl will adhere well to the galvanized metal. Does anyone have some input on this? I think I plan on using 3M180C for the vinyl.

Thanks!

Mosh

If it is new metal it will be fine. Not to hard after you have done it a couple of times.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We have vinegar on our shelf just for that....... and for when we get salads, along with a little oil.... :rolleyes:

skyhigh

the only corrugated I've applied to, has been with tek screws........after applying to a flat panel first.

Here is a job that I wish I could say I did. This is right down the road from me. The building has to be well over a football field long (400ft maybe).

Anytime corrugated buildings come to mind, I think of this.

sorry a little off track, but I couldn't resist sharing.

Attachments

• corrugated1.jpg
    corrugated1.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 206
  • corrugated2.jpg
    corrugated2.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 205

Gino

Premium Subscriber
the only corrugated I've applied to, has been with tek screws........after applying to a flat panel first.

Here is a job that I wish I could say I did. This is right down the road from me. The building has to be well over a football field long (400ft maybe).

sorry a little off track, but I couldn't resist sharing.

I'm sure if you're off track or just in a different game, but the OP is inquiring about vinyl graphics to a corrugated building. Your example is hand painted, which is easy to do... be it pictures or letters.

So, the price of butter in England is how much ?? :biggrin:

skyhigh

I'm sure if you're off track or just in a different game, but the OP is inquiring about vinyl graphics to a corrugated building. Your example is hand painted, which is easy to do... be it pictures or letters.

So, the price of butter in England is how much ?? :biggrin:

The OP is inquiring about vinyl graphics....not salads, either.

So the price of a salad in France, is the same as it would cost to KMA here.:cool:

skyhigh

My apologies

I has come to my attention (via a PM), that some members may have misunderstood my post
skyhigh the only corrugated I've applied to, has been with tek screws........after applying to a flat panel first.

It seems some may have skimmed the post (or only looked at the pictures), and assumed this was one of our jobs, simply because I posted the pictures.

Let me put in big Letters......WE DID NOT DO THIS JOB.
While we did not do the job, I still can admire the work of another shop (and thought you may also)

Gino said:
That post of yours..... that field is not anywhere close to 400', but even if it was, it has NOTHING to do with the OP's request. Then you let people go on thinking you did it. The f*ckin' thing was hand painted, not vinyl. You make fun of me, when your own jabs and pokes are from out of nowhere and have no meaning.

Again, the only correlation to the OP's post and the pictures I posted, is both are corrugated buildings.
Sinclair, my apologies for slightly sidetracking your post.

visual800

I just got an e-mail to apply graphics to corrugated sheet of galvanized metal. I've read up on applying the graphics to corrugated metal but now I'm questioning weather the vinyl will adhere well to the galvanized metal. Does anyone have some input on this? I think I plan on using 3M180C for the vinyl.

Thanks!

Me personally i would have to ask why they want printing on the corrugation instead of flat. I would 2 tier a price to them, one on flat panel and one applied to corrugate. When i got done with corrugate price im sure they would think twice

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Me personally i would have to ask why they want printing on the corrugation instead of flat. I would 2 tier a price to them, one on flat panel and one applied to corrugate. When i got done with corrugate price im sure they would think twice

Back in the day when signs were painted, the standard rule of thumb was that corrugated was 2x the price of equivalent flat work.

No reason that vinyl should be any different.