Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

applying static cling

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by rushworks graphics, Dec 30, 2010.

1. rushworks graphics

rushworks graphics Very Active Member

Jun 29, 2010
    whats the best method when appling static cling on to the inside of a window so when you view it from outside you don't see any streaks from the squeege?

thanks!!

Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    • Spray on some plain water.
    • Position decal on glass.
    • Spray more water on the decal for lubrication.
    • Squeegee using a soft rubber window cleaning squeegee.

3. Firefox

Firefox Active Member

Aug 17, 2010
    +1 to what Fred said.

Also if for any reason you need to remove the static cling while it is still wet. DO NOT lay it down on the liner paper! Some, not all, liner paper will stick like glue to wet static cling, don't ask how I know. Soaking it in water for a very long time will help loosen some of the paper enough to disintegrate and float away, but not always all of it!

4. rushworks graphics

Jun 29, 2010
    thanks guys. i have usually used a light spray before but tried on a window at the office today to lay it down dry and noticed alot of streaking where the squeege had gone....i'll go back to wet app then!!

thanks again guys, appreciate it

5. Sticky Signs

Sticky Signs Very Active Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Vancouver
    Try using a regular squeegee. You know, the kind you use to wash your windshield at the gas station.

6. rushworks graphics

Jun 29, 2010
    oh yeah..i have one of those..i'll try that, thanks sticky.