• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Applying Stoneguard

Kilowatt

When you apply clear stoanguard with dawn and water why is there like small areas where it looks like foam got stuck do I just let the sun take care of it or is it permanent

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 248

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
Dont use dish washing soap.
Change to a mixture of baby shampoo and water. In some areas we will pick the film back up and use 70% IPA to make the film stick faster.

• Agree
Reactions: FCD

Kilowatt

Dont use dish washing soap.
Change to a mixture of baby shampoo and water. In some areas we will pick the film back up and use 70% IPA to make the film stick faster.
I was using 7 drops of dawn in 1 qt of water and it still stuck fast. For some resone there is like a texture that shows through like its cleare but you can defenantly tell that these is something over the paint

FCD

Like Mike said, few drops of baby shampoo and water is all that's needed and spray the car and the film down. It should go away if it's just trapped water, but from the looks of your pic that will probably always be there.

rjssigns

Never use Dawn for anything related to vinyl. It has something in it that screws up the adhesive and makes it fail. Not that I would know anything about that..:rolleyes: