Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Applying to Coroplast

Discussion in 'Installation Equipment & Techniques' started by ScottyAdams, Jul 3, 2012.

1. ScottyAdams

ScottyAdams Member

Apr 6, 2012
    Hey guys,

Printing to vinyl and applying to 36" x 24" coroplast with a cold laminator. Any suggestions or techniques you guys might know or fill me in on before applying? Roller height? anything?

fyi printed on Aspire calendered yellow vinyl. Thanks!

Tags:
  2. Terremoto

Terremoto Member

Jun 28, 2007
    I would just pre-mask it to give it a bit of stiffness and then apply it just like you would with cut vinyl. Probably quicker than monkeying around to get the roller height just right on the laminator.

Dan

3. mopar691

mopar691 Member

Sep 15, 2010
    Big Squeegee would make fast work of this. I do not know a easier way.

4. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    +1

5. Wild Hare

Wild Hare Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Quincy, Ca
    Big Squeegee Easy Peasy

6. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    Big Squegee and less than a minute of time.

7. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    I would run it through the laminator.... Can do stuff like that in a minute...very easy

8. Charlie J

Charlie J Very Active Member

Oct 1, 2006
    Midwest
    Cut about 2-3 off of the backing and hinge the vinyl on the substrate. Make sure you get it absolutely straight. Put this edge in your laminator, peel the backing and run it thru.

Piece of cake.

9. Tim Aucoin

Tim Aucoin Very Active Member

Get a Big Squeegee... you won't regret it! Those who know me, know that I love making my little videos... so...
    Here's my latest video made today mounting 48" x 48" posters onto coroplast. Took me all of 5 minutes to mount 4 of them! For small runs, nothing beats it! :thumb::popcorn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbM86fwy1Uc&feature=plcp

:ROFLMAO: I cut my head off in this video! I really need to start using a better camera! :rolleyes:

10. john1

john1 Guest

If you don't have a BS you can wet lay it. I know when i first started laying vinyl on substrates i did this before getting the BS and it takes a bit longer cause it has to dry but it does get the job done in a pinch.

11. d fleming

d fleming Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Middleburg, Florida
    Print and mount in 4x8 layout, trim and done.

12. jkdbjj

jkdbjj Active Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Virginia
    The height on your roller should be at about 3mm or maybe 4mm, that will give it enough pressure. If you don't have mm, than use 1/8 to 3/16th of an inch setting. Just don't smoosh the poor thing.

If you have a lot to do, the laminator is the way to go. If you have one or two, big squeegie can't be beat.