Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Applying vinyl to rear of round tanker?

Discussion in 'Vehicle Wraps' started by bayviewsignworks, Aug 3, 2012.

1. We're looking at an install on the back of a liquid tanker. The rear is convex. Wondering if anyone has any sugestyions on install. Also, I think we'll get it in two pieces should I request horizontal or vertical?

Tags:
  2. CS-SignSupply-TT

CS-SignSupply-TT Very Active Member

May 31, 2011
    Since it is CONVEX, you will need to take a "pie slice" out to get it to meet properly. Will your design software allow you to design the pie slice into the image. Because of gravity, I think the horizontal, top over bottom is the best solution.

3. johnnysigns

johnnysigns Very Active Member

Nov 3, 2004
    East Coast
    Full coverage on the rear? What's the art like? I've done a bunch of large reflective decals but you could work problems into premasked areas on those logos.

4. It's one big round graphic covering the whole back, curved part of the tank. The graphics are being supplied. I can probably request it though.

5. signdesigner1

signdesigner1 Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Palm Harbor
    I did about 20 of these kind of trucks once. We oversized the print a good bit and had 4 guys(one on each corner) stretch and pull it over. Using 3m180(or similar) of course.