Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Appraisal Logo

Discussion in 'Logo Design' started by Joe Diaz, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Joe Diaz

Joe Diaz Very Active Member

We had a gentleman stop in and his business is need of a new sign. We talked him into doing a brand new logo.

They do appraisal, but not for homes. So he wanted me to create some sort of imagery that focuses on their area of expertise, which is agricultural and commercial appraisals.

Here is what I came up with:
    Ifft_Appraisal_Services_Logo1.jpg
    Ifft_Appraisal_Services_Logo2.jpg

Here is the sign layout:
    Ifft_Appraisal_Services_Logo3.jpg

Tags:
  2. SignManiac

SignManiac Major Contributor

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    Interesting Joe, I like it. That's a hard business to design for but I think you pulled it off.

3. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    wierd name...not bad tho

4. HaroldDesign

HaroldDesign Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Beautiful! I think that concept hits home. The "Ifft" looks good cosmetically, but it left me sort of having to figure it out.

5. Lunatic Taskbar

Lunatic Taskbar Very Active Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Nova Scotia
    Very nice. I like it.

Ian

6. TheSellOut

TheSellOut Very Active Member

Feb 8, 2008
    +1...Great Design!! How does it work in one color?

7. Joe Diaz

It doesn't have the same impact but here it is:
    Ifft_Appraisal_Services_BW_Logo.jpg

8. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    I think it would have more impact as just black (instead of grey for the one-color)

9. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    Layout looks well done, the barn could use some work.

wayne k
    guam usa

10. Joe Diaz

Yeah, I mean you can make it any color. Black would obviously be the loudest, highest contrasting color you could choose on a white background. And you can do it in black as easy as you can do it in red or gray. I just picked gray for this thread (for what ever reason, I don't know.)

But what I mean by "impact" has more to do with the lasting impression the full color design leaves, not so much it's visibility. The full color is just a more interesting image... In my opinion.

So far, in this clients case, we don't have a job scheduled that will utilize a one color design, but that doesn't mean he won't use one in the future... so I always have a one color option available to the client. In fact I started out with a one color design anyway, so there really isn't any additional work.

11. Charlie J

Charlie J Very Active Member

Oct 1, 2006
    Midwest
    Looks good. When I first saw it I thought it said "Lift" instead of "Ifft"

12. Rick

Rick Certified Enneadecagon Designer

Apr 17, 2003
    Valle Vista
    I like it..

On the one color issue, this will work in one color, but with technology being what it is, having a single color option in a lot of instances is really not needed. I agree to start a design in black and white to determine proportion and space.

The other thing is, why have the least desirable print option and perhaps an option that will rarely if ever be used, drive the design. You loose a lot of options when required to stick with that narrow design method.

13. TheSellOut

TheSellOut Very Active Member

Feb 8, 2008
    The one color looks great too!! Nice design work Joe! And Rick I totally agree, but I think a solid logo design needs to work in a one color layout...even if it is never used!