• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

aquiring printer ip address sp-540v?

ftmrc

I have a roland sp-540v and I can't get the computer to see the printer. How can I find out what my printer IP address is? I have tried to use the print server net tool to get IP but can't aquire it.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

ftmrc

ip address

Yes I have it hooked directly to computer via crossover cable. What are the odds it is the network card on the printer? Has anyone else had one go out?

GolfNut

IP Address SP540

I did have the same problem and couldn't figure it out. I wrote a batch file that searched for the printer, etc etc.

What it turned out to be was from advise from a local service roland rep. to unplug power to the machine to the wall for a few minutes, plug it back in and then retry.

It sounds stupid after how many hours I spent trying to get it to talk to my computer but it worked and never been a problem since.

Go figure.

Good Luck....GolfNut

ftmrc

ip address

I was on the phone with my sales/service rep for roland and he never suggested that I'll give it a try today.
Thanks

ftmrc

ip address

The cause was the software that searches for the printer. The software that roland comes with is junk. Could not find the printer at all. Called shop where the printer was bought from and they told me it probably was the network card in the machine and was about $900 to fix. After shitting a brick, I searched the internet for a program that could find ip addresses for printers found one, loaded on my machine, and bingo, found the printer instantly and has been working fine.

Amazing how all the dealers want to do is just replace stuff and charge outrageous amounts. There hardly are no real techs, only card/board swappers until problem is gone.

GSGservice

The SP does not store the IP address on the printer like posted earlier. Only the newer printers like the VP (which is technically a versacamm) store the IP address. You need to either look it up in versaworks under the printer pull down menu under printer settings or load intercon net tool and let it search for the ip address.