• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Are all eps. files created equal?

knucklehead

I thought eps files were pretty much the same, no matter which program they were created in. The reason I ask is, I purchased some x-box vectors from a guy on e-bay, it was a download, but when I try to import it into my cutting program as an eps file, all I get is a blank box. I think they were created in AI., that I don't have. Any ideas??

Replicator

email to marc(at)replicatorgraphics.com

I'll see if I can get to you in a format that you can use (prefer) !

Si Allen

Sometimes instead of opening under "all files" ...you have to select "Encapsulated Postscipt", then import.

grafxxx

if your using flexi right click on the box and choose un mask

and im not sure on on other programs but try to ungroup it then click on the white box. and delete it.. just my 2 cents

Idea Design

It's possible the guy you bought from doesn't know the difference and the eps may have been created in Photoshop and is actually raster rather than vector.

knucklehead

OK, I'll send ya'll one to see if you can get it, they are actually there, I opened one in Corel after my post, and sent it to the cutting program(SignBlazer), it was just some random lines. My question was about the eps files, I thought once it was made into an eps file, that was it, it didn't matter what it was made with, and what was trying to open it. They were made in Adobe Illustrator.