• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Are all marketing departments slow??

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Got a few jobs held up waiting on clarification and/or files from a few internal marketing departments. Are they all slow? The end users are pushing me but it's their own people dragging their feet.

Signstein

Yes! And sometimes no. With all the just-in-time-production, dynamic ticketing, flex pricing, etc. every company seems to be doing these days, I've been given plenty of same day requests from marketing for messaging changes, price changes, closures, etc. But whenever you ask for the file used for sign X, Y or Z, you're waiting months.
Our marketing department recently did a huge brand push to "beautify" all the empty storefronts in our shopping district by putting graphics in all the windows. The goal was to hide all the empty retail space from the board members who were coming in to commemorate some other thing. Marketing was told the board members would be walking down this one street with all the empty shops on their way to the commemoration. So, everyone busted their humps for a week (even had contractors chip in) and got everything completed - and ya know what - the board members and all the big wigs walked some other way.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I find they are slow when the project is outside their wheelhouse. Fine with smaller signs, like A-frames etc, but when it comes to vehicle graphics, or window graphics.... they don't know what they are doing and they take forever to supply the creative.

DL Signs

Never go against the family
Some are like dealing with committees, they let too many get involved, all have their own vision, none can agree on anything, and everything stalls.

JBurton

Signtologist
IDK what your experience is, they usually f*ck up my signs pretty fast. "Oh, we have 72 sq/ft to utilize? 13'X5'6" would work!"

Got a few jobs held up waiting on clarification and/or files from a few internal marketing departments. Are they all slow? The end users are pushing me but it's their own people dragging their feet.
Yeah pretty much. Only until it catches up with them though, then you and everyone else needs to rush.