• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Are Facebook ads really worth for running Sign company Ads?

Royal Signs and awnings

Royal Signs & Awnings
In my experience after spending 2500$ on Facebook, Facebook Ads is a waste of time and money, So here's the thing about using Facebook Ads for sign companies: it's just not the best platform for generating leads. Trust me, people aren't scrolling through their Facebook feeds thinking, "Hmm, I need a new sign!" Facebook is more about catching up with friends and checking out funny videos, not hunting for signage solutions

On the other hand, there are companies like usnationalleads.com. They specialize in marketing only and only for sign companies, and here's the best part, they work with only one sign company per city.

I have started outsourcing my Marketing to them since one year now, and I must say, the results were impressive. In just this month alone, I managed to secure 53 new leads from the Houston area. Not trying to brag.

Does anyone here agree with me?

greysquirrel

So I don't advertise. Right as covid started, I was still relatively new, growing but a young business. I ran a $10 ad for lawn signs and banners for graduating seniors...got the jump on most of the PTA's because they where dealing with being out, turned it into $3400 worth of work that I never had selling direct to the end user and ultimately landed local schools. Now it's an easy 10-11k per year from that $10 ad.

Stacey K

I like making signs
So I don't advertise. Right as covid started, I was still relatively new, growing but a young business. I ran a $10 ad for lawn signs and banners for graduating seniors...got the jump on most of the PTA's because they where dealing with being out, turned it into $3400 worth of work that I never had selling direct to the end user and ultimately landed local schools. Now it's an easy 10-11k per year from that $10 ad.
Same here! I made a crap load off of covid senior signs and banners. I am in a small town so one FB share turns into a million.

I just share onto our local classifieds from my business page. I don't pay for any boosts etc. Granted, I'm in small town rural America but I stay plenty busy with that.
I also trade banner ads with some of our local teams & event for sign work. It gets my name out in the community & shows my work at the same time.

Splash0321

Professional Amateur
I
In my experience after spending 2500$ on Facebook, Facebook Ads is a waste of time and money, So here's the thing about using Facebook Ads for sign companies: it's just not the best platform for generating leads. Trust me, people aren't scrolling through their Facebook feeds thinking, "Hmm, I need a new sign!" Facebook is more about catching up with friends and checking out funny videos, not hunting for signage solutions

On the other hand, there are companies like usnationalleads.com. They specialize in marketing only and only for sign companies, and here's the best part, they work with only one sign company per city.

I have started outsourcing my Marketing to them since one year now, and I must say, the results were impressive. In just this month alone, I managed to secure 53 new leads from the Houston area. Not trying to brag.

Does anyone here agree with me?
I have found that running ads online is a waste in most places. I’ve done google, facebook, YouTube, Amazon, etc. and they all have resulted in revenue increases comparable to the amount I am spending on the ads.

I actually think most marketing done using pay per click formats are designed to be break even.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Ron Wade has a good point.

Back in the olden days (1905+) my great-grandpa had a painting and decorating company after he came over from the Netherlands. He always told his men that anywhere they went in the city they were to drive up and down the downtown area of 8th street to get there - even if it was out of the way. The point of this was to make it look like they were extremely busy so everyone would see them multiple times a day driving past. My grandpa and his brother bought the business and it remained strong until they both retired.

gnubler

I wrapped the windows of the shop van all around. Definitely gets noticed, I've gotten comments on it. Even a few existing customers called, saying they saw the van and it reminded them of something they need to get ordered.
Of my competitors, one has a hideous full wrap on a mini van that sits parked in front of their shop most of the time. I'd be embarrassed to have that rig representing my business.

JamesLam

I was going to suggest TikTok, but as a rule we all know that the signs101 gang can't don't dance (unless there's an open bar).

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Ron Wade has a good point.

Back in the olden days (1905+) my great-grandpa had a painting and decorating company after he came over from the Netherlands. He always told his men that anywhere they went in the city they were to drive up and down the downtown area of 8th street to get there - even if it was out of the way. The point of this was to make it look like they were extremely busy so everyone would see them multiple times a day driving past. My grandpa and his brother bought the business and it remained strong until they both retired.
This tactic was used by one of the largest trucking companies in Australia.

When he first started off, he would drive his truck up and down a main industrial road all day, every week when he wasn't busy. he'd call up to all the companies on that road who needed logistic services. Paid off well.

Sign consultant

Thank you for sharing your experience with Facebook Ads and your recommendation for usnationalleads.com. It's understandable that you found Facebook Ads to be ineffective for generating leads for sign companies. Different marketing platforms work differently for various industries and target audiences. Facebook is primarily a social networking platform, and people often use it for personal connections and entertainment rather than seeking out business services like signage solutions.

It's interesting to hear about your positive experience with usnationalleads.com. Specialized marketing companies can provide tailored strategies and expertise specific to the sign industry, which can lead to more targeted and effective lead generation. It's great that you've been able to secure 53 new leads from the Houston area alone in just one month.
While I cannot speak for everyone, it's always valuable to hear about different marketing approaches and success stories. It's important for businesses to explore various marketing avenues and find what works best for their specific industry and target audience. Thank you for sharing your perspective.

kcollinsdesign

Old member
If you are a local commercial or electric shop, odds are advertising on the internet (other than a web page) aren't going to help you much. If you are a specialty retailer, appealing to the mass public, maybe so (you know who you are). For a local shop, thoughtful design and competent service are your best marketing tools (and you are making money at the same time, instead of spending it).

Ditto on the shop trucks. Most sign shops are pretty good on this front (some are outstanding). A few leave me scratching my head (or squinting my eyes).

caribmike

Retired with a Side Hustle
Facebook is only effective for top of mind awareness. You're not going to sell much but people might remember your name when they need something. I wouldn't pay for Facebook ads but I do post on various pages from time to time.

damonCA21

I think if you are selling online and mail order, then online advertising can work. For anyone who is just working in a local area you are much better off with your own website so people searching Google for 'sign companies in Xtown' get to see it. I know some of the online advertising claims to target a specific area, but I think this often isn't the case.

Facebook is a waste though just due to he huge amount of visitors. If you pay for 100,000 shows of your ad, this can be used up in minutes being shown to people who have no interest in what you are selling.

binki

Years ago we tried a few hundred with Google ads and found we didn't need it. Word of mouth is our best advertising.