• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Are there 3rd party inks for the Espon S60600?

David Schulz

I'm looking at buying an Epson S60600 and can't seem to find anyone who offers ink for it. Seems odd for such a popular machine. I'm upgrading from a JV3 that we've been running Bordeaux and 20/20 through for years. That alone makes me wonder more about getting a JV300 with the factory bulk ink system.

Glavin_ID

There are no third party inks available for this machine. Epson patents the plastic enclosure so it can't be duplicated. I was told by a third party ink supplier that once they have enough recycled enclosures, someone will start selling it but who knows how long that will take. I am pretty sure Epson just came out with a bulk ink version of this machine, might want to check that out. I can tell you that the S60600 is super efficient on ink use compared to the other machines we have had over the years.

jpescobar

I'm looking at buying an Epson S60600 and can't seem to find anyone who offers ink for it. Seems odd for such a popular machine. I'm upgrading from a JV3 that we've been running Bordeaux and 20/20 through for years. That alone makes me wonder more about getting a JV300 with the factory bulk ink system.

If your concern is about money I highly recommend you to avoid 3rd party inks unless you want to damage $2000 printhead without counting the technician fees. If your concern is about ink volume and print production then you should go with the Epson SC-S60600L bulk ink system.

https://www.grimco.com/Catalog/Products/EPSONSURECOLORS60600LPRINTER

unclebun

The bulk ink printer is $6000 more than the cartridge version of the printer. MSRP $26995 vs. $20995. So not really double the cost of the printer.

Alebaba

Alebaba
I use third party inks on my Epson S40600. Pretty much the same as the S60600. I get excellent inks that are of the same quality as the branded ones. I also get a warranty from the supplier that the printhead wont clog due to their inks. From my experience the Epson printers will fail for a million reasons other than the nozzles getting clogged. The printhead will due, electricity issues, motherboard issues, the insane cost to repair them, etc.